Aaron Clinton

My New Little Trusty Mazda P5 & Rx8

Finally got through to that shop. The car has been in since Monday for HID conversion, PIAA fog's and rear sway bar. It is not complete as one of the ballast for the HID's was kaput. So I have to wait for the dead one to make it from MD to CA to be inspected to a new one shipped from CA to MD to be installed.

Must be excited after sitting on all of those goodies for the last couple months!

Yeah, but the car is still awaiting the replacement ballast as DDM does not keep any in stock here in the USA. So the part is in transit from China. Little aggravating as it has forced me to use my RX8 as the daily driver. Not good when gas pricing are climbing really fast.

e

Long overdue wash with a light spray wax this evening. Pondering about the exhaust and springs.

I know the feeling ...

Just ordered exhaust and spacers for the RX8. :)

Nice ...

My one newer tire on the P5 needs to be replaced already. SOB.

What happened ... Little heavy foot on the gas peddal are we ???

The single Dunlop (OEM model) is apparently substantially softer then the Continentals I have on the rest of the car.

Going to hurry up and get springs now so they can go on when the new tire goes on since an alignment will need to be done anyway. Leaning towards TEIN's or Tannabe.

Having to get two new tires. Since the Continentals are so hard to find apparently, going to try out a pair of Firestone Firehawk Wideoval AS. They spec out fairly close to the Continentals.

Initial tire impressions is that they are decent, softer and quieter then the Continentals, but lower side wall stiffness and less sharp along with not as much communication to me on grip levels.

P5 is down at Unique Audio for some FG work on A-pillars.

Tweeters in the A-pillars ??

Full Range 3" Fountek's.