In my process of coming back from a second ACL tear, I am slowly ramping up my work outs and their intensity.

Today:

30 minutes on ellptical ~ 382 calories

4 x 12 dead lifts

4 x 8 standing dumb bell curls

4 x 8 standing machine curls

4 x 8 lat pull downs

4 x 8 seated lat rows

3 x 10 standing weighted abdominal twists

:)

I really need to start exercising, I think I'd feel better, definitely look better. I have been making little changes in bad habits. I would like to start riding a bike as I have easy access to a bike path and it would be easy on my knees(their not great).

Not that I am going to do it but might, Aaron I believe I seen you used to be a personal trainer, What is your take on this P90X hoopla?

I really need to start exercising, I think I'd feel better, definitely look better. I have been making little changes in bad habits. I would like to start riding a bike as I have easy access to a bike path and it would be easy on my knees(their not great).

Not that I am going to do it but might, Aaron I believe I seen you used to be a personal trainer, What is your take on this P90X hoopla?

I know a few people that have done it, and it has been very effective. It is a whole lifestyle shift, very strict eating limitations. If you can stick to it, go for it. :)

Well started trying to exercise and eat a little better. Had a bowl of cheerios, not my normal serving of a huge bowl filled to the brim closer to recommended. That was one of the things I wanted to change was skipping breakfast. Then I rode ~2.5 miles. I figure if I can spend a weekend of boozing, eating terribly, and playing golf and still end up loosing ~5lbs, then I can loose the amount of weight I want by exercising and eating better. :shrug: Lets hope it works and I can stick with it.

Well started trying to exercise and eat a little better. Had a bowl of cheerios, not my normal serving of a huge bowl filled to the brim closer to recommended. That was one of the things I wanted to change was skipping breakfast. Then I rode ~2.5 miles. I figure if I can spend a weekend of boozing, eating terribly, and playing golf and still end up loosing ~5lbs, then I can loose the amount of weight I want by exercising and eating better. :shrug: Lets hope it works and I can stick with it.

The only thing about that is, you are essentially working out half of the week to make up for the weekend. Not trying to be a hard-ass, just trying to take a look at it from a different angle.

The only thing about that is, you are essentially working out half of the week to make up for the weekend. Not trying to be a hard-ass, just trying to take a look at it from a different angle.

No I don't do that every weekend, that was my annual golf trip. My point was I was getting exercise from golfing on the weekend, 90 holes of golf in 3 days is some exercise even if riding in a cart.

No I don't do that every weekend, that was my annual golf trip. My point was I was getting exercise from golfing on the weekend, 90 holes of golf in 3 days is some exercise even if riding in a cart.

Ahh. :fing34: Sorry, the old personal trainer comes out in me from time to time. :)

LOL, I noticed, but I had a felling you misunderstood me.

Sorry about that. I am still on the recovery road with the knee, so I am not near where I should be.

I did not have any specific focused workouts today, but I did chase my son around a huge kids museum all afternoon and did super light weight curls along with pushup's with him. So trying to show an excited 4 year old how to do a push up or forward shoulder raise is much different then being in the gym of course. It was fun and he appreciates why I work out. :)

Stumbled a bit over the weekend, didn't ride sun but played 9 holes and didn't do anything mon. Still kept up new eating habits.

Jumped back on it today with ~4.5 mile ride.

Again, did a 50 minute stint on the elliptical and will do it again today. Last night did more very light weight work along with some core work with bands.

Did 400 calories on the elliptical, followed up by a mile on the treadmill with no major pain in full stride. That is the first time I have been able to run like a human and not a hobble like a robot since January! If I can maintain that for another 2 weeks or so, I will attempt to get back on the field.

Tonight:

400 calories on elliptical

followed by

1 mile, near what felt like full clip running like a human again. Moderate pace though. I want to get back down below 8 minute miles again when I am back to what will be the new 100%.

Haven't moved from 121 lbs since... a long time ago.

I regularly ride my bicycle and try to eat quite a good amount of vegetables and fruits.

Even tho I have a Home Gym Exercise Machine in the next room, that's my exercise.

Edited by The enD