just got back from a mile and a quarter power walk with the dogs and my sister was wondering how every one else was fairing. oh btw aaron thats why i got the home set up so the shrug machine did not get the best of me on busy day it always free.

Well I'm starting a diet and come hell or high water, I'm getting back down to my normal weight. Haven't had a soda since Saturday, and I'm eating more fruit and vegetables. I'm also using FitDay.com that was suggested by Pat a while ago, and it's opening my eyes to what I can eat and not eat. For instance, I had a Pink Lemonade yesterday during lunch, and then I put into my FitDay planner. 18 oz. of drink (not even a full cup) was 1300+ calories :wacko:

Wow that is a ton of calories. Either way, it is a good start to see you paying close attention to your intake. I am personally out of the gym this whole week as I have my son home due to day care being closed.

Lost 3 lbs in under a week! Just with watching what I eat. Today, I bought some shoes to go to the gym in. Going in my Vans would not fly, they have absolutely no padding. I picked up a pair of White/Black accent Nike Cortez. I need to break them in something fierce, but they're better than my Vans for walking/running. I need to get my gear together so I can go work out after class tomorrow

Lost 3 lbs in under a week! Just with watching what I eat. Today, I bought some shoes to go to the gym in. Going in my Vans would not fly, they have absolutely no padding. I picked up a pair of White/Black accent Nike Cortez. I need to break them in something fierce, but they're better than my Vans for walking/running. I need to get my gear together so I can go work out after class tomorrow

That is awesome! The mixture of being a smarter eater and being physically active makes a huge difference. :)

I have not updated this in a little while. But I have cycled to the next schedule. Back up to heavier weight falling reps, shorter time on cardio but higher intensity. So about 2 miles on the treadmill at about 80%, and 4 sets (+1 warm up) of staggered weight.

Yesterday was one of the hardest work outs I have done in a while. 60 mins on the elliptcial at about 75% intensity = 763 calories. Followed by a 5 lift chest work out, all final sets to failure. Then 2 abdominal's and shoulder shrugs to near max weight.

Today is arms with more cardio.

Did a very intense back work out. Love it, just might have over done it a little because I know I am going to really feel this one tomorrow.

i'm down 20lbs since Jan. 1st. Getting into a little bit of weights. I think I should have you teach me the basics of lifting, since i've forgotten most of them...

are you looking to gain muscle or just loose weight in general. if looking to gain muscle try doing a search for different exercises like weight training stuff like miltary bench press curls wrist curls,leg press, butter fly curls etc... if you looking to gain muscle get a back support belt and a weight bench put it some were it is accessible by you all the time. and just remember it not how much you lift it how often you lifted that will gain you the muscle.

if it's weight loss weight are not the way to go because it gains weight muscle equals weight you be beter of with some thing like tibo etc... etc...

Due to a right knee injury, minor sports hernia, and ankle issues, I have to take it easy this week.

I am back on two-a-days, except the sports hernia showed up again this morning about 1/2 way through cardio. Still got my 600 calorie goal, it was just painful getting there.

Two work out days plus tuesday and thursday soccer are great, but a few joints are starting to feel it more in the morning. Luckily, nothing a decent breakfast and some coffee can't over come. :)

Two work out days plus tuesday and thursday soccer are great, but a few joints are starting to feel it more in the morning. Luckily, nothing a decent breakfast and some coffee can't over come. :)

Been keeping this schdule up. Feels harsh by Saturday, but it is worth it to me dispite the pain.

Played two intense games back-to-back last night with no sub. Followed it up by a mid-pace mile this morning and heavy chest with some bi's workout.

After about a month (with a 2 week break) of going to the gym, Im almost at where I left off. I did the 60lb dumbbells for incline and flat press. Wooo! But I pushed too hard on the leg press. I can do the full stack pretty easily, but on my 4th set I wanted to see if I could do 20 reps. I did but felt sick like 10 mins later.

Next week I try the 65's then after that, I'll try 70's for the first time ever. Not too bad for a 145lb skinny white boy

Good to see progress. I suggest just making sure you are focusing on form and clean sets and the higher weights will come. Only mention it because on average too many people are worried about putting up big weights and they are not lifting properly, not doing full rep's, not getting stronger, and risking injury. :)

Good to see progress. I suggest just making sure you are focusing on form and clean sets and the higher weights will come. Only mention it because on average too many people are worried about putting up big weights and they are not lifting properly, not doing full rep's, not getting stronger, and risking injury. :)

Oh ya I really try and isolate the muscle that the exercise works on and get all crazy like other people. Im going to Tahoe for a few days so I'll use the gym there. I hope for cute girls to be there too, but every year it never happens.

Did the last set of 65's for flat press. I was shaky on the last rep but I still pushed it up. Next week, all sets of incline and flat will be 65s.

Nice work!! Shortterm goals always have helped me. :)