Sign in to follow this  
ssaudio

attempting a software switch

going to be attemping a new installation of Invision and converting this forum over to that software, which is more SEO/USER friendly in our opinion.  So look forward to this!

Mark and I have talked about it for a little while now.  I like SMF (the current software we are using now), and I like that it is different.  It is light, loads fast, and is very simple to operate from an admin side. 

But that simplicity can limit the site.  Mark was just saying the other day that SMF could be too different for people, and it could be hurting our traffic, because almost everyone is used to VB or Invision.  Plus search engines don't seem to find CA-F as much as we would like them too.

this will be a great switch once the conversion happens.  Many more options for the user and very much more SEO friendly.  CA-F has been suffering from lack of Search Engine Exposure, we hope to fix that, and have this site take off.  Thats the plan anyways :)

Is it going to effect our current accounts??

In other words are we going to have to re register, being that it is two different forum software?

The software developers plan to convert everything.  Meaning nothing lost or changed in terms of accounts, topics or posts etc.

conversion should start toinght. Only thing we will loose so they say is the members passwords.  These are all recovered by just hitting the forgot password button.  (after the conversion)

This will be a great move for this site.