Sign in to follow this  
Speed

A new low

I think that most of us have probably fielded attempts by scammers to obtain personal info. This is the worst attempt I've seen to date:

Attention:Email account holder,

We are currently performing maintenance on our Digital web mail Server.

We intend upgrading our Digital web mail Security Server for better

online services.

In order to ensure you do not experience service interruption, you must

reply to this email immediately and enter your User name here

(________)and password here (_______) and Checkout your new features and

enhancements with your new and improved webmail account. To enable us

upgrade your Account for better online services please reply to this

mail very fast.

Thank you for using the internet service

The punchline? The email originated from a gmail account. Slick, huh? lol

You should see some of the ones that come off of job hunting sites like career builder or monster.  Ive had emails that look really legit they even go through the trouble of setting up a fake site and all.  Anyway I got an email asking for my information and cell provider.  Cell provider???  I thought why would they need my cell provider.  So I did a little research through BBB and other sites and found it to be a fraud.

I just got this. It somehow got past my filter.

Attn: Winner,

Your mail account have been picked as a winner of a lump sum pay out of £891,934.00 pound .Contact Mr.Thomas Hillary  for Validation via email lboard28@hotmail.com with Your names,Address,Age,Occupation,Telephone,Sex,Nationality

I think their getting so lazy, they have to work to get my info. This is like the 10000th one I got like this, but its the shortest.

I just got this. It somehow got past my filter.

Attn: Winner,

Your mail account have been picked as a winner of a lump sum pay out of £891,934.00 pound .Contact Mr.Thomas Hillary  for Validation via email lboard28@hotmail.com with Your names,Address,Age,Occupation,Telephone,Sex,Nationality

I think their getting so lazy, they have to work to get my info. This is like the 10000th one I got like this, but its the shortest.

Oh, man, I'd reply to that sucker. What fun! FWIW, I replied to the email that I got for the sheer fun of it.. :)

I think I may have see the lowest in job hunting E-mails. It astounds me what this email said aside not even having anything relevant to do with my resume the thing they said at the end of the letter baffles me and makes me mad.

here is a copy of email

JOB Seeker,

Looking for a career with a sense of purpose and results you can actually see? "B.L.G." Corporation is seeking people of vision for a broad range that deliver pride in serving as a vital force in national and worldwide commerce between company branches. "B.L.G." Corporation JOB Dept has carefully learned your resume and can offer You an Administrative Assistant position.

Duties :

- provide clerical support;

- provide phone support (on request from manager);

- control reception the payments from customers;

- handle registration payments and other financial transactions;

- protect all accounting and financial information;

- prepare monthly financial statement;

- operative receive and send the payments, and execute other financial operations;

- act as the "Baltic Logistic Group" Corporation a representative to the general public.

Wage:

As a member of "B.L.G." Corporation, you will receive a competitive base salary $US 3,600.00 monthly. (Employment - Part/Time)

Shift gears and accelerate to a meaningful career at the "B.L.G." Corporation.

JOB Seeker APPLY ONLINE PLEASE:

www.BLG-corp.biz/jobs.html

NOTE: Due the fraud activity an Administrative Assistant position is not allowed for "Black Peoples", sorry.

Sincerely yours,

JOB Dept.

"B.L.G." Corporation

This woman 'mary' replied to my facebook fs ad for my paintball gun and asked for all my info etc. I beat around the bush and got a good 3 replies from her. On the last on I asked for her real name, sex, social, phone, ip address, etc. because my bank required that specific info to cash checks from out of country.

Another one I got was just about the same but I gave him some advice. I told him that nobody starts an email with Goodday Sir, that the MO and overpayment scam is old and its time to think of a new one.