ssaudio

CA-F.com Never Ending Story

Weird, the RE Pro series looks like the regular old series before they went to the gaudy china stuff.

http://www.reaudio.com/repro.php

Very possible just retreads, could easily be the same bits and such that the DC's are from. Amazing, how such dated designs are thought to be believed as superior then much more modern and advanced ones.

Want a new head unit. Bidding on a 9006. Going to go 2 way active again, and want to avoid amp processing. I've been reading over on SSA what people reccomend, but wondering if there is anything else out there that is readily available. A lot of these are pretty sought after so they're hard to get. Want to keep it below 250, 200 max. What do you guys think?

For the money, I feel the Pioneer units are probably the best mix of value and performance right now. So many Kenwoods are too low on voltage, same with Sony. Clarion some times has a top end unit that will rival the top level Pioneer. I don't know Alpine like I used to. Your best bet might be to find a used PRS880 or 800PRS. Unless you came across a nice deal on an 8053 Eclipse.

Actually, I was wondering last night... What are current head units that have amplifier control (obvious of the same brand)?

148.6. Aaron, I'm in need of some Fcons. I want 150. Electirical was holdin' up strong, just need some more power and some beefier subs! Subs first!

I like the way you think. As for numbers, once the finalized prototype is done, we will know better how well it does.

I like how you guys don't have to wait a month to get a prototype shipped to you :D Makes the process much smoother, it would seem.

Well that all depends on the back log at the build house. ;) Yes, the distance is much shorter, but many times they have tons of demand. Our steel and slugs, (ie motor stack), should be nearly ready. :)

:droolcup:

Want a new head unit. Bidding on a 9006. Going to go 2 way active again, and want to avoid amp processing. I've been reading over on SSA what people reccomend, but wondering if there is anything else out there that is readily available. A lot of these are pretty sought after so they're hard to get. Want to keep it below 250, 200 max. What do you guys think?

For the money, I feel the Pioneer units are probably the best mix of value and performance right now. So many Kenwoods are too low on voltage, same with Sony. Clarion some times has a top end unit that will rival the top level Pioneer. I don't know Alpine like I used to. Your best bet might be to find a used PRS880 or 800PRS. Unless you came across a nice deal on an 8053 Eclipse.

Thanks for your input. There was an 880 and 800 on ebay the other day, but ended before i was set on buying one. were under 300 each...

Edited by Emery.H

Thanks for your input. There was an 880 and 800 on ebay the other day, but ended before i was set on buying one. were under 300 each...

If I see another one, I will mention it. :)

One sub sounds like a coil is rubbing. Wont be able to pull it out and check to see if i finally killed it or not till thursday. Still plays music fine, maybe it's just another tinsel lead fried. The show must have been too much!

Got my new beauty panel cut to size and holes drilled. Purchased the fabric to cover it, just need mounting brackets and some washers to raise my amps a little and I can put it all together.

That's how the company spells it so that's what i'm used to spelling. Movie theater. Assuming you're questioning my spelling. If no I dont know what to make of your post lol

That's how the company spells it so that's what i'm used to spelling. Movie theater. Assuming you're questioning my spelling. If no I dont know what to make of your post lol

Not questioning the spelling, just what you were getting at.

Sub surgery done. Another tinsel lead. Instead of turning the gain down again (which is why i believe i lost some tenths on my score) I'm going to turn the SSF up. This is annoying. Coil still looks shiney new, just these damn leads are too short.

Sub surgery done. Another tinsel lead. Instead of turning the gain down again (which is why i believe i lost some tenths on my score) I'm going to turn the SSF up. This is annoying. Coil still looks shiney new, just these damn leads are too short.

The tinsel leads are supposed to fail when the suspension does, you're just pushing them too far :(

The tinsel leads are supposed to fail when the suspension does, you're just pushing them too far :(

Exactly why i'm making changes to prevent this from happening again. What i did last time wasn't enough.

Can't connect to SSA, is it down? Never seen this before. :ehh:

Our server was a little goofy, and I have been running lot's of back up's, so that might be the issue.