Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Amp finds on ebay

Cheap price. I thought the f models were the chrome ones though.

I put that one up for you. ;) Knew you would look. I miss my old 2200.

<ducking> I bought the 2050.

No way! Haha, I should not have hesitated then. :) Heck of a grab. Bromo can attest to the durability and quality of these seemingly timeless ZED amps. My 2075 has been great since I bought it new in '96 I believe.

No way! Haha, I should not have hesitated then. :) Heck of a grab. Bromo can attest to the durability and quality of these seemingly timeless ZED amps. My 2075 has been great since I bought it new in '96 I believe.

I want to have the option of bridging the Arc into the front and running the sub from another amp. The glovebox doesn't leave much choice and the Zed was a perfect fit (shamefully bad pun intended). I also really like (physically) small amps, so win/win.

What are the dimensions of this amp? I'm having a hard time finding them online.

I am having a hard time finding them too. Width and Height should be the same as the 2050 that is on the way to you. Bromo might be able to measure his for you.

Wow I wish back in the day I would have known USAcoustics was made by Zed! Nice great old school amps!

When I bought mine when they first came out, I knew they were good. But, not until years later of steady use and trying many different models, did I really realize how good they were, especially for the money. Hence the reason I am seeking out old Planet Audio and US Acoustics amps, not to mention we are going to try to sell off the last BOSS REV-665 amps. They are 4 - channel amps made around the same period as the amp Speed just bought, so excellent sound, very hearty build, uber reliable. :)

Wow I wish back in the day I would have known USAcoustics was made by Zed! Nice great old school amps!

USAcoustics was the first amp I ever bought. At the time I had no clue who or what Zed audio was. Originally I was going to get a hifonics Boltar and MTX 7000's but the 7000's were gone by the time I bought and so was the Boltar. So I ended up getting the 5000's and looked at a local shop and seen a couple amps. Did a little more research on the USAcoustics and liked the specs and picked it up. Years later found out about Zed and how nice the amp was, been a fan since.

Got the 2050. This thing is mint. I mean, not a scar to be found. It looks new. I'm going to pop it in the car in a little while and give it a listen.

Got the 2050. This thing is mint. I mean, not a scar to be found. It looks new. I'm going to pop it in the car in a little while and give it a listen.

Awesome bro !!! give us details ...

Awesome bro !!! give us details ...

Other than low-frequency dynamics, I cannot tell a difference between the 2050 and the Proton. In contrast, the Ref200 was a warmer sounding amp, at least the the upper mids. I'm using the stock speakers, so there ain't a whole lot I can hear besides tonal balance. :)

I posted a bit prematurely. The comments above were gathered as the car sat in the garage. I just got back from an extended drive and let me tell you, I'm very impressed. It's lack of hardness allowed be to run the highs flat (no attenuation), its impressive resolution and lack of congestion in the mids were brutally evident on everything I played. I was actually hearing layering on many of the tracks. Amazing, given the environment. The bass was equally great. Its most impressive attributes, IMNSHO, are dynamics and lack of distortion. This thing is smoooth, and I don't mean artificially so by approaching the listener with a veiled, darkened presentation. Tonally, it's fairly vivid sounding. Its it's lack of distortion that allows music to flow so easily. Really nothing to add except for a bunch of hyperbole and audiophile bullshit. This is a fantastic amplifier. I cannot thank Aaron enough for posting the link. NEVER am I selling this and I'm very tempted to pick up its bigger brother. Anybody want to buy a Zapco Ref500.1?

Edited by Speed

Uh oh, I created another old school ZED fan. Everytime I do this it makes it harder on me to find amps for the collection. ;). This is a great example why my little 2075 will probably go to the grave with me.

Wow! Was the 2100 in as good of shape?

I kinda made the offer on a lark and couldn't believe they accepted. It was just last night.

Edited by Speed

<grin> I saw that, too, but I'm done for now. As it is, I'm contemplating keeping the two remaining Zapcos I have for sale, and I just added another amp to a stash that lives in my office closet. Something has to give. lol

The Chrome ones are hard to find. Exactly why Bromo will probably never sell his. ;)