Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Amp finds on ebay

Those audison amps are SOOOO nice, I really want that 6 channel one to replace the 2 I have for my fronts but in store they're $1000. I'm always warned about buying from unauthorized dealers and wooferetc is on audison's 'blacklist'. As long as a product isn't mistreated, what do you think of going to an unauthorized seller? Does the original company make less money?

Those audison amps are SOOOO nice, I really want that 6 channel one to replace the 2 I have for my fronts but in store they're $1000. I'm always warned about buying from unauthorized dealers and wooferetc is on audison's 'blacklist'. As long as a product isn't mistreated, what do you think of going to an unauthorized seller? Does the original company make less money?

short version

like i say if it has a one year warranty on it go for it .

long version

ya there nice but like the term grey market state more then likely on audisons web site is they can be fakes i remember a few years back there was hifonics and a few other brands that were not made by maxxsonics there were just a copy of them probably just got threw the boarder and some how got mixed in but were fakes none the less. see Asia has a lot of counterfeit electronic and blue jeans drink umbrellas etc.... it because they do not honor patents or some thing over there and there government allows them to get away with it. long story short they manage to end up here some times. but ya like your saying the parent company loses money on grey marketing merchandise. like i say if it has a one year warranty on it go for it . you buy it grey market you already saved money because company like alpine etc... there smaller shops fold up people buy up there products and sell them for cheaper and there just as good as the reg alpines because they are alpine but yes it at the expensive of the parent company. which for some one like aaron would realy suck because he would lose tons of cash to fakes or what ever and mite fold but hopefully not. any ways i do not like woofers etc... because i bought some phenoix gold rsd6cs componets there and they were not working it looked like the box had been opened and them used this is were i give aaron credit he ships a awesome product nib.

what i mean buy one year warranty is like alpine they got one year after that there is none a year go buy so fast but if it's a alpine or like audio control with the 5 year warranty why bother go grey market becuase they gould fry and you would be out almost the same amount as buying them, new in box . this is why i say one year is nothing go for it

i think what should have spit out is way the risk and see if it's worth it to you like the Sony i bought it cost 300 new and sold to me for 140 at that point it a 50/50 gamble but at least i did not pay 300 to get a crap amp. i have gambled and lost so if that tell you i do not like to gamble on big items like 200-1000 or more dollars. like i saying some stuff you can tell is a rip like audio control epic 160's they sell 250 new and for sale on line for about 200 is losing the 5 year warranty worth it? or not for 50 bucks off? if i could i would go to best buy or some were that sell them and is willing to put a extended warranty on it and do it that way just do not go to a shotty fly by night company that will just take the warranty money and run some one that's been in business a long time and you know it. some one you can trust like abc warehouse best buy etc... with a good reputation. mickeyshorr.com etc.... not some one like r soundsandsecurity or firstclassauto or even toys with noise etc....

It is a funny game, because the original company is still making the same money (for the most part), short of warehouse theft, dealers are all buying at the same price, some are reselling large amounts to other dealers mostly unauthorized. The point of a company like Audison "fighting" unauthorized dealers is two parts; 1 - once the items are sold to another dealer they don't garuntee the integrity of the equipment & 2 keeping perceived value high.