MJS_IraggiAlts

Comparison of Abuse

๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐ ๐Ž๐… ๐€๐๐”๐’๐„
I was thinking about something the other day.... would love to hear some feedback
A comparison of abuse each individual component takes in your typical car audio system, (10,000 watts of power for example)
๐’๐”๐๐–๐Ž๐Ž๐…๐„๐‘๐’-
Typically, a pair of 2500โ€“3000-watt subs on a 10k or 10k worth of power, so real close to double its rated capacity
(People blow subs daily, and recon all the time, and never say a word about the product, or quality of product. They just accept its part of the game and move on)
$500 sub, $150 recon kit, EVERY time it blows. That gets expensive quick, but still, nobody cares, they seem happy and proud they launched coils all the way onto the dashboard
๐€๐Œ๐๐‹๐ˆ๐…๐ˆ๐„๐‘๐’-
Usually ran at 1/2ฮฉ, so DOUBLE its rated load also
Sometimes 18 volts AND down to 1/4ฮฉ, so at least 4-5 times its rated capacity easy
๐๐€๐“๐“๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’-
I have yet to see a system without enough batter power. People usually go overboard by 125-150% minimum
๐€๐‹๐“๐„๐‘๐๐€๐“๐Ž๐‘๐’-
320 amps is probably the most common amperage. 10K pulls between 900 and 1200 amps depending on its configuration. That's 3-4 times the alts rated capacity, ... unless you have duals on your 10k of power, then itโ€™s still double the alts capacity
Alternator goes out, drops two tenths of a volt under load, gets a little hot, takes out a rectifier or regulator and everyone loses their mind. They make a post at the next red-light, post pictures, get all upset, send their alt to someone else to repair thinking they will do a better job and talk about it for the next 18 months
Most abuse repairs are $75, half the price of a recon that some so happily buy once a week
๐’๐Ž, ๐“๐Ž ๐‘๐„๐‚๐€๐...
Subs ran at double their rated power, but it seems nobody cares when they blow, they buy "so and so" soft parts.
Amps ran at double their rated specifications; nobody cares when they blow up. They care more than subs, but still, they call an Amp-medic or whomever and get it fixed with very minimal complaining
Batteries ran at below ratings usually so very rare for a battery to go bad, unless you are running voltage too high, which nobody does right? lol
Alternators expected to power 3-4 times their capacity & maintain a bank of batteries at the same time and when they end up burning up an alt, they go crazy
ORDER OF LEVEL OF TYPICAL ABUSE... IN MY OBSERVATIONS ANYWAY.
1- Alternator. (Most heavily abused)
2- Amplifiers
3- Subwoofers
4- Batteries
I donโ€™t get it..why is it someone would be more upset that the most abused component fails?
ย 
ย 

Comparison of Abuse.png