Sign in to follow this  
HyPer

Projects And Designs In The Works.

Some stuff we've been working on and just other odd and end stuff we do.

When I left from Randal's shop the other day, I had to take some back roads on the way home.....in my work truck, which you'd think a light guy would have good lights in his work truck.....NOPE!!! So, after barely making it home and going 30mph max in a 45&55 zone because of twisty turny roads, I set down to do some thinking. My truck has sealed beam headlights, I've done HIDs in conversion assemblies, but I knew if I ordered the conversion housings, that I'd never get around to swapping them over, I needed to do something with what I had on hand right then. So, I grabbed a hammer and went to breaking glass headlight lenses in my show truck........which led to this happening, and them going into my work truck.

2013-08-09022433.jpg

2013-08-09022522.jpg

Damn you're nutz ... We could have DONE worked on this !!! without breaking glass ...

I plan to be back at Dad's this weekend ... Bring me your parts so we can swap all this out brother ...

I had to heat lexan to form the shroud to keep moisture and dirt out of the internal workings of the projector assembly.....wasn't very fun atall. Needa setup a vacuum molding station, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

No, I took a headlight from the green truck, broke the lens, pulled the fake projector lens out and all the crappy fake internal workings, and installed a projector assembly from a Chrysler Crossfire into the headlight. But it was so long, that it would've stuck out past the headlight lens anyway. It currently sits about 2-3" out from the headlight bucket. Also, the driver's side headlight now sweeps far enough over to completely cover up the passenger's headlight beam.....I unplugged passenger side headlight and lost no light output haha.

Maybe we can turn the truck's grill over and make a custom lense installed directly onto the grille to cover the projectors ...

I was thinking about that too, but you'd still have to seal the housing somehow to keep humidity out of the internal workings. Halogens and HIDs don't like moisture collecting on them.

Looks like I've been tasked to do something similar to my setup ... This could be interesting.

Not sure if I really want to be this guinni pig ... LOL

Looks like I've been tasked to do something similar to my setup ... This could be interesting.

Not sure if I really want to be this guinni pig ... LOL

but you were my FIRST!!! guinea pig that is.....<nohomo>

Ummmmm.........well, I'll have to look, you want lens diameter, like the size of hole I cut to clear the lens of projector, or do you want the largest diameter of the entire projector assembly?

Diameter of hole I cut was around 2-1/2"(albeit wasn't a perfect circle lol). Can't find my micrometer. The black lens holder is approximately 1/4" more in diameter than lens. So I'd go for a 2.5" bit and see where that gets ya. or get 2.5, 2.75, and 3.0" bits and start with the smallest and keep test fitting. Then return the ones you didn't use. I'll buy the 2.5" from ya if you cannot return it, I can always use it to cut holes for my 2" tweeters ;)

Edited by HyPer