Emery.H

2011 Volkswagen Gti

The first thing I ordered for the GTI was an LED interior light from deAutoKey.com. This included all the dome lights, vanity lights, trunk, glove box,and license plate-all in ultra white. The only LEDs that aren't white are the foot wells, which are red!

They included some trim removal tools on the house! Needed those! Packaged for each location.

null-6.jpg

The only before pic is the foot well. Sorry for the dirty mat, I haven't got to wipe it down yet.

null-5.jpg

After:

null-1.jpg

Everything else:

null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

null.jpg

Top Gear refers to the GTi as a "hot hatch", and I agree. My bro-in-law has a 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition. Pretty neat car, drives very good and I love the 60mpg he gets cruising on the interstate. But.... the car is not very aftermarket stereo friendly. The front door speakers are in the rear of the door, WTF???? It would take a ton of custom work to get a nice system in it.

Very Nice !!!

Thank you :)

Very Nice !!!

I agree. I'm especially diggin the plaid!

The plaid grew on my really quickly. At first it was the largest driving force to not get the car. Now it's great!

Top Gear refers to the GTi as a "hot hatch", and I agree. My bro-in-law has a 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition. Pretty neat car, drives very good and I love the 60mpg he gets cruising on the interstate. But.... the car is not very aftermarket stereo friendly. The front door speakers are in the rear of the door, WTF???? It would take a ton of custom work to get a nice system in it.

That sounds about right, but there is no way I'm getting that gas mileage. I'll hope for a little over half that haha. I'll be happy that my door speakers are in the front of the door. They're really easy to take apart to deaden though, I'll look forward to that for sure!

:) :)

:)

Nice

Thank you, look out for some exterior pics. I'm doing nothing but research on stuff to do to the car!

Very Nice !!!

Very Nice !!!

The plaid grew on my really quickly. At first it was the largest driving force to not get the car. Now it's great!

That sounds about right, but there is no way I'm getting that gas mileage. I'll hope for a little over half that haha. I'll be happy that my door speakers are in the front of the door. They're really easy to take apart to deaden though, I'll look forward to that for sure!

Nice

Thank you, look out for some exterior pics. I'm doing nothing but research on stuff to do to the car!

Woot

Very Nice !!!

Very Nice !!!

Nice

Woot

Next thing I'm going to buy is a boost gauge, for sure. Then some LEDs for door flood lights. I want an intake and a down pipe for some noise. Possibly a new diverter valve for some security... Possibly a tune-very common mod, and there are many people that run meth kits on these. That would be pretty sweet to get set up.

IIRC, with the 1.8T, minimal electronics (ie ECU tweak or upgrade) yielded strong results.

The 2.0 is the same. Just tweaking the boost in the stock setup can add huge improvements. Tons of upgrades available.

Updated with some photos in the sunset :wub:

Got to the spot I wanted, set the tri-pod up, turned the camera on, "replace batteries". :angry22::fing23: So, again, you guys have to be satisfied with iphone photos.

Edited by Emery.H

Pictures look awesome, great choice in vehicle

I'm very happy with it. Thank you!

Awesome Ride !!!

:D

Love it, nice work.

Didn't expect the sunset to be so damn orange! Next pics should be something to install in the car-who knows when :P

Thanks guys. The LEDs look super blue in those photos, just trust me that they are ultra white. I would send them back if they were really that blue..

As for audio I'm going for a single 15 to start off (team fi?!) but that won't happen 'till i sell my gcons-who knows when that will happen. But I have a few packages on their way to hopefully be installed this weekend! :D