tirefryr

1St Gen Lincoln Mark Viii

Hello, first off, I was sent over here by Randal (Cablguy184).

I have a couple 1st Gen Lincoln Mark VIIIs, produced from 1993-1996. Anyways, these vehicles all have light issues with the headlights and to this day the only option for an upgrade is to find the limited production HID light housings, electronics, and lamps for a cure to the crappy stock headlights. The original Halogen lamps burn the inside reflective coating and yellow the housings beyond repair. I am wondering if you guys can offer any type of replacement for the lenses,hell, the entire system as a whole would be best. There is a big market for these cars I feel is untapped as virtually every one of these cars has this issue. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ryan

I can look into it, and we can do custom retrofits too, where we take an existing projector and fit it into the factory housing. We'd have to acquire a new front lens(or reproduce one if there's not one available)for the projected light to shine thru. We have multiple options, 1) a single projector to act as both Low and High beam, 2) a single projector for Low beam with a standard reflector housing for High beam, or 3) a dual projector setup with a projector for Low beam and a separate projector for High beam.

I'll have to get a headlight assembly and see what kind of space we got to work with, doesn't look like there's alot of room to fit a very big projector lens.

Most of us owners have been removing the lens, spraying with a chrome paint on the reflector, and the polishing the lens as best we can. We're lucky to get a couple years of use out of them before they're back to crap again, and usually worthless the second time around. A good aftermarket setup would be our best bet.

I have multiple headlights I can send to you if you'd like to take a look.

Yes please, atleast one from left and one from right side. Try and make sure the lenses aren't cracked or chipped, I can't make new lenses from bad originals. Also, it would be preferable to send as many driver and passenger housings as you can possibly send. This way I can mod each housing for a different look, instead of undoing and redoing in the same housing.

I'll post some pics up tomorrow of my own two cars. I'm trying to get some Lincoln forum members to aid as well. Thanks!

I look forward to it, and even if someone cannot afford projectors, I can reinforce their reflectors in metal lining so they never lose their reflective capabilities.

I am interested in the outcome to this as my benz needs the same treatment. The stock headlights are just out of date.

I can getcha done up too. Would you prefer the stock lens look, the clear lens with projector showing, or the exotic look with a body-colored filler panel covering the entire headlight except for the projector, so you only see the projector lens itself, and nothing else?