HyPer

Truck Enclosure Build Log For Fun, With Some Demos And Metering.

Still in the early stages, gotta do some final measurements and such before starting the blueprinting process.

Thunder39208 is the mastermind behind this, so the designs are going to remain secret. I can say that it's going into an extended cab '95 GMC Sierra, and it won't be using a camper top or anything of the sort. It's technically a series 6th order. More to come as the designs are finished and the build process begins.

I hope to use LP2400's for this, just gotta lay some more golden eggs first.

-Mike.

I'm already saving my pennies for a 2400. I think it's going to take a lot of them.

I'm definitely going to have consecutive serial numbers, would LOVE to get numbers 1-6 though.

I'm already saving my pennies for a 2400. I think it's going to take a lot of them.

I'm definitely going to have consecutive serial numbers, would LOVE to get numbers 1-6 though.

That's a whole lotta watts

That's a whole lotta watts

I've got to be able to power (12) 400wrms 12" Champions.....it's better than the original plan, which was (6) 21" woofers LOL.

After talking with Ray yesterday, since the vehicle will most likely be floating around the 13.6-15.2voltage range at all times(or most of the time), he seems to think I'll do better with the 2250's, and still have plenty of overhead. Considering their output at alternator voltage is around the 400w mark, then that might just work...there goes my bragging rights for the 2400's!!! :P

Edited by HyPer

Just 12 ???

Weak Sause ...

I was thinking more along the lines of 24 10s ... as in 12 ISO-Kits !!!

or maybe we could round up 12 of the old school Blues 12s ...

Just a thought

Trying to do this for everyday listening, demo'ing, and rare metering(soft clip at max). Also wanna be able to swap a speaker out without it breaking the bank, or hurting my feelings lol. Also, the designs are already near done with the current subwoofer selection, so not gonna interrupt his thought processing now lol. Wanna milk every bit of db boost from this enclosure design as possible........fine tuning a nearly 20yr old design that was considered fine-tuned back then lol. I know it did 155 on 4kw back then.....so trying to get higher with roundabout the same power(4kw vs 4.8kw is not really an audible difference in power).