S.DeYoung

Small 2.1 Ht Bedroom Build

Aaron approached me about building a budget 2.1 setup for watching movies on his laptop. We came to the agreement to build two small towers which will have four 3" full range speakers per side arranged in a line array. Each tower will be roughly.5 cubic feet sealed after displacements. A SoundSplinter Orphan 8 will be used for subwoofer duty. The woofer enclosure is .65 cubic feet after displacements, which is rather large for the orphan but very low power is being used.

Amplifier to be used:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-775

Aurasound speakers:

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-3-fullrange/aurasound-ns3-193-8a1-3-black-cone-wide-range/

Wood cut ready to assemble:

006_zps3e04e6ab.jpg[/url]

005_zpsd37c5de4.jpg[/url]

Edited by S.DeYoung

Sounds sweet! Look forward to these. Do you guys live close together?

Negative but shipping should be inexpensive. The towers are roughly 20x9x6 and the woofer enclosure is 12x12x10

This may be some of the first I've seen of your work. Very clean.

Thank you, I really need to get in the habit of posting more of my work. I have an enclosure build coming up for a 12" XCON that I will be sure to post

Very Nice Enclosures

Reviews on that amplifier doesn't seem to be that great ... Hope it works out for you !!!

Looks like the weak point is the crossover. I'm sure with a little tweaking, Aaron will get it working great for what he needs it to do.

Very excited. The Aura's arrived last night.

PICS!

I have not had a moment to sit down and open the box. Just saw a little box that said Madisound. ;)