Kingstroker

Wtb Linear Power Iq Series Amp

1502IQ, 2202IQ or 2502IQ. Studies have shown listening to IQ amps makes you smarter, please help

I no longer have any IQ series amps. Got a bunch of modded DPS that I need to make myself part with. After all, I have to pay for the new amps I want to put in my GN.

Thanks guys. The reasons I listed certain models is space issues and I have a modded 4753IQ Ray built and really like the features and performance. I keep my eye on ebay, saw one I liked but the seller said he didn't know if it worked. Now he has another LP amp for sale in unknown working condition, makes me think they are junk. The area on the back of my cab allows for amps around 250wpc and under or under 11" long.

Kingstroker:

Be advised, Linear amps don't fail catostrophically(sp) as most other amps. (meaning they VERY rarely go up in flames. ) it is almost always something minor. The amps just have that much protection in them. I dont think you would go wrong buying a "broken" LP amp and having it repaired and or modded. ( working with Ray for many years I have only seen a handful of amps that could not be repaired.)

I saw you listed the 2202IQ and 2502IQ, these are large case style amps just not as long as the 3002 or 5002IQ. IF you have room for the 2502IQ you can put a 2.2HV and possibly the new 2150 in the same spot. (Just a thought)

Thunder, thanks for the info. I guess another limiting factor is funds. The unknown condition amps where pretty much going for the same price as known. But there are unknowns we know about and unknowns we don't know about and knowns we don't know and knowns no one knows if the are known or not known. Had to through some Rumsfeld at ya. Anyway I probably should have jumped on the first(unknown known) one. Another question remotely related: on the gains pot there seems to be a half stop or notch I feel as I turn it up. what does this signify? I'm planning on going active as soon as I locate and amp and an 8" or 10"Blues with probably passive radiator in a pvc pipe that can run through my console. Thoughts have been about running one in each end tube (through console) w/the phased flipped. Has anyone tried that?

The gain knob has that familiar "notch" in the middle to let you know your in the middle, thats about it.

Not sure about the PVC - passive radiator thing, But in Rays Lightning pickup he had the 10" iso firing rearward in the console (6" from rear wall) and the ports coming out each side of the console up by the firewall. It sounded great!!

Just a though.

Thanks Thunder, you've been most helpful. I was looking for a way to utilize what little space I have. Even though I have a f250 crew cab I've already used the space behind the back seat. No room under the back seat due to a fold out rack, so that leaves center console. I saw a LP Bass Vent system that included 2 extra 8" LP speakers. Looks interesting but haven't heard anything about LP speakers or how they might compare to Blues. Don't know why but I'm leaning toward an opposing 8" Iso. Getting real excited about my system, my A pillar tweeter pods are coming together.

scored a 2202IQ