HyPer

Herro! From Mississippi!

I remember someone giving me some interesting advice about putting downfiring folded horns under my dash? HA!

Linear Power made a "Bass Vent" type setup with a pair of 8" drivers ... May talk to Ray about doing this to the 49 in that speaker area dead center of the dash ... That is if we think we need subs ...

Ahhh I gotcha.....do a T-line on your midbasses to match output waves!!! Should have plenty of room in those massive doors.

Plans are to build ported and tuned enclosures for the 5.25" drivers in the dash / A-pillar area. This may extend into the upper section of the kick pannel / Fire wall area ...

And ported and tuned enclosures for the 8" drivers in the kick pannel / under the dash area. This may extend into the fire wall / floor area ...

We will know more about this when we get to this part of the build ... But for now, just the plans

Has this been done before? It seems it would bring the SQ to much higher level especially with the range of the Blues driver. Am I correct in assuming it would extend the low range?

During SQ comps, my subs are playing 40 htz and below and my doors are taking up the rest up to 150 htz (give or take). So I figured if I bump up to 8s in each kick pannel in ported and tuned enclosures on a 2250, there should be no need for subs. Play the 8s off of the rear section of the HU like I have my doors and run them full range and cut the on the top end to match up with the 5.25s ... Let the 8s play lower end mid bass to sub bass frequiencies and be able to use the EQ section of the HU on them ... This way we can use time alignment on them too. May work, may not, but I definately intend to experiment !!!

I remember someone giving me some interesting advice about putting downfiring folded horns under my dash? HA!

Not enough room IMO to put a large enough driver into a folded horn and be effective. Folded horns take a lot of room and the larger the driver the larger the enclosure is to be effective. Could be wrong, but I have never seen a small folded horn with a large driver. All the small folded horns I've seen use a 3 1/2 to 5 1/4 driver and are not effective as a sub and handle very limited wattage. A folded horn is designed to get as much as possible out of a small, cheap driver with very little wattage at the expense of space (large cabinets). Think about using 3 cu ft for a 4" driver. Pro Audio folded horns are a completely different animal; big, expensive drivers, big power and HUGE cabinets (22 cu ft for a single 15) which are used to fill concerts with sound. The folded horn designs require a lot of complex woodwork and a large amount of material.

Linear Power made a "Bass Vent" type setup with a pair of 8" drivers ... May talk to Ray about doing this to the 49 in that speaker area dead center of the dash ... That is if we think we need subs ...

You would need to build an enclosure. The Bass Vent uses the truck as the enclosure, but is really considered to be infinte baffle application.

Lots of room to work with in those older cars, but you will suck up a lot of room if you decide to do an A/C system not to mention other modern toys that are put in old hot rods. The Vintage Air systems are compact, but they still take up space.

You would need to build an enclosure. The Bass Vent uses the truck as the enclosure, but is really considered to be infinte baffle application.

Lots of room to work with in those older cars, but you will suck up a lot of room if you decide to do an A/C system not to mention other modern toys that are put in old hot rods. The Vintage Air systems are compact, but they still take up space.

The bass vent was just a thought ... but this is the plan for now and should work just fine ...

And ported and tuned enclosures for the 8" drivers in the kick pannel / under the dash area. This may extend into the fire wall / floor area ...

We will know more about this when we get to this part of the build ... But for now, just the plans

Having a ported and tuned enclosure in each kick pannel area should be more than enough sub bass for what I'm looking for out of this vehicle ...