HyPer

Herro! From Mississippi!

Oh yeah, apparently home depot doesn't think it's important to carry table saw blades for plexiglas.....special order only. Does any place near you carry them, like Sutherlands or Lowes?

Appreciate it, decided to go with plexi table-top style enclosure, instead of the table-top clamshell hybrid. Simpler, and easier to cut the plexi. Now gotta figure out the best way to frost plexi without it looking screwed up. Enclosure is gonna be ~50cubes, single round ported into cab at ~15Hz. Now for the amps.....meh : /

yeah, and POSSIBLY a flip up bed cover.....was actually debating on building an aluminum framed vinyl lift off cover, but you know how my plans usually turn out lol. If i DID use your cover, I'd wanna make it detachable at the front somehow(like use hook 'n slot style hinges), then attach the stainless bed rails to the cover to use as handles to lift the cover off with.

Please ask Kirk (Highdro Imaging) to give me a call or text. I need to talk to him before Saturday.

Give him my number if he doesn't have it please ...

Appreciate it, decided to go with plexi table-top style enclosure, instead of the table-top clamshell hybrid. Simpler, and easier to cut the plexi. Now gotta figure out the best way to frost plexi without it looking screwed up. Enclosure is gonna be ~50cubes, single round ported into cab at ~15Hz. Now for the amps.....meh : /

Sand/glass/walnut shells blasting with pretty low air pressure works great. The chemical methods are just too aggressive for plexi. The blasting method will allow you to lay down a couple of product decals to leave a reverse image if you want that type of look. You can also polish the edges and light with leds for a cool glow effect through out the entire panel.

welcome! wet sand w/orbital sander 400-600 grit or spray a light mist of a matching color to the underside. Use a spray can/gun hold it back about 2'-3' and move fast. Build up a little at a time till you get the coverage you need.

As far as cutting plexi on a table saw I have had good results with an 80 -120 tooth blade. I have cut a lot of 1" plexi with a 120 tooth.

Frosting plexi I have sanded the back side with dry 320, but you will go through paper quickly. I would go with 6Appeal's idea and add company logo's. You can get about any sign shop to cut a sticker in reverse, or even make a negative so you have a blasted logo in the middle of a clear panel. Sand an polish the edges, add strip LED's and BAM, Old School Hotness!!!

Hope this helps.

Yeah, that was my plans for the lighting, frosted emblems so they POP.....also illuminated port tubes, dowels, supports, etc. Everything will be plexi, especially the port tubes. Also, due to my brain not working until this morning, it's gonna be (2) 20" diameter round ports into cab, each up to 58" in length(will shorten if 58" brings the tune too low, looking at 15-19hz range). Also, gonna use the ELW lights instead of standard leds, much smoother and more evenly spread light.

50 cu ft has me wondering about dirvers :trippy: ????

Yeah, me too! I'm going to enjoy watching this as it develops. Sounds high end to be sure.

Actually it's just an upscaled simplified version of what was in my cousin's nissan minitruck in the early 80's, same system later got thrown into my nissan hardbody vert in the early 90's. Although they were tabletop clamshell hybrids(no pics exist that I know of), this is gonna be tabletop only. Which has caused issues to arrise, as going from the hybrid to a flattop means you GAIN about 25% volume. Drivers are (6) old school(1983 Peavey) custom-built 21" woofers.

Actually it's just an upscaled simplified version of what was in my cousin's nissan minitruck in the early 80's, same system later got thrown into my nissan hardbody vert in the early 90's. Although they were tabletop clamshell hybrids(no pics exist that I know of), this is gonna be tabletop only. Which has caused issues to arrise, as going from the hybrid to a flattop means you GAIN about 25% volume. Drivers are (6) old school(1983 Peavey) custom-built 21" woofers.

Hhhhuuuuummmmmmm, I'm thinking something something from the ProAudio world. That much space and the woofers listed has me thinking folded horn sub.

I'm thinking about doing a 4th order wall (4 18s) in the 49 ...

:AddEmoticons04243:

Hhhhuuuuummmmmmm, I'm thinking something something from the ProAudio world. That much space and the woofers listed has me thinking folded horn sub.

I'm thinking about doing a 4th order wall (4 18s) in the 49 ...

:AddEmoticons04243:

LOL. Oh goodness.......

Do your twin 10" iso's(since they don't require much space for each chamber), and do a high order(5,6,7,8,9,etc order) enclosure....as many as you can fit :P

Ahhh I gotcha.....do a T-line on your midbasses to match output waves!!! Should have plenty of room in those massive doors.

Ahhh I gotcha.....do a T-line on your midbasses to match output waves!!! Should have plenty of room in those massive doors.

Plans are to build ported and tuned enclosures for the 5.25" drivers in the dash / A-pillar area. This may extend into the upper section of the kick pannel / Fire wall area ...

And ported and tuned enclosures for the 8" drivers in the kick pannel / under the dash area. This may extend into the fire wall / floor area ...

We will know more about this when we get to this part of the build ... But for now, just the plans