ParrishTechGroup

New Build - 1995 Cadillac El Dorado

Ok everyone, I finally have purchased a vehicle outright for the sole purpose of a new build. This build will not only be for my personal enjoyment, but also to market myself, my business, and Linear Power / Blues here in the Georgia area.

I had started a couple of builds in the past that never panned out due to one reason or another. This time, I have things lined up and planned out so hopefully no unexpected trouble. I will post some pre-build pics of the car in the next couple of days (headed out at 4:00am tomorrow for SBN in Daytona so I will do this when I return) and then continue to update the build here as I progress.

I will be using a Pioneer DEH-80PRS for the head unit. I have owned this unit breifly in the past and was very impressed with it so I will be going with it again. I will be using a Blues 6.5" component set up front and Blues 8" or 10" for subs, this is still undecided. Last but not least, I will be using a pair of Linear Power 2150s for amplification.

I'm very much looking forward to it and will update this thread every chance I get.

I uploaded some pictures of the car. Unfortunately I'm still receiving some errors. I will try a different route shortly. I apologize for the mess-ups.

Thanks man. Yes, I've been thinking about it quite a bit. I have some of the old Blues drivers, four 8" and two 10". My plan, after hearing those Iso-kits, was to get the materials from Ray to make two 8" kits and one 10" kit. However, I checked when I got home last night and unfortunately I have one 4 ohm 10 and one 8 ohm 10. So, that's not going to work. I'm going to have to do a little searching and see what I can come up with. But, I'm definitely going with Iso-kits in some form or fashion. :)

Thanks man. Yes, I've been thinking about it quite a bit. I have some of the old Blues drivers, four 8" and two 10". My plan, after hearing those Iso-kits, was to get the materials from Ray to make two 8" kits and one 10" kit. However, I checked when I got home last night and unfortunately I have one 4 ohm 10 and one 8 ohm 10. So, that's not going to work. I'm going to have to do a little searching and see what I can come up with. But, I'm definitely going with Iso-kits in some form or fashion. :)

From what you was telling me about what you was looking for in Sub Bass ... I'd be willing to bet that 2 8" ISO-Kits will work just fine with a well built enclosure ...

I have another brand new old version 8 ohm ten if you need one. No box, but brand new. Although, Ray may have one as well. I am not sure.

Thank you. Yes, Ray is doing some checking for me. But, I will keep it in mind. Thanks again.

From what you was telling me about what you was looking for in Sub Bass ... I'd be willing to bet that 2 8" ISO-Kits will work just fine with a well built enclosure ...

Well, they probably would most days. But, I like to go over the top every once in a while, so I'm trying to have a little extra in reserve. :)

Good luck with the build, too comfy a car for me.

Thank you. Too comfy? Man, I love this car. I love the comfort and the power.

Yup, nice car, but I get sleepy if I am too comfy driving. I prefer much taughter suspension'ed cars.

Good luck with the build, too comfy a car for me.

Thank you. Too comfy? Man, I love this car. I love the comfort and the power.

Yup, nice car, but I get sleepy if I am too comfy driving. I prefer much taughter suspension'ed cars.

LOL. I hear ya. I used to be that way, but guess I'm getting soft in my old age.

By the way, for those that read this thread, please chime in with what you use for sound deadening and your opinions on it. I've always used Dynamat Extreme in the past, but that stuff gets expensive. Am looking for a more wallet friendly solution this time, but don't want to sacrifice quality if at all possible. Thanks in advance for your responses!

Hummmmmm, four 4 ohm 8's and two 8 ohm 10's sounds like a dual tri-sobaric to me. :OhYeah: But I have to agree with Randall, two 8" iso kits would do the job nicely.

As far as sound deadening, I use Dynamat Extreme in all my installs and have never had a problem. But there are several very good brands out there (Second Skin and Raamat come to mind). If you watch Amazon you can find Dynamat Extreme bulk kits on sale plus free shipping. Waiting on progress!!!! :popcorn:

By the way, for those that read this thread, please chime in with what you use for sound deadening and your opinions on it. I've always used Dynamat Extreme in the past, but that stuff gets expensive. Am looking for a more wallet friendly solution this time, but don't want to sacrifice quality if at all possible. Thanks in advance for your responses!

I have used Raammat on my last 3-4 cars, and have used it in all my friends/customer builds for the past 5 years or so. It's great stuff at a reasonable price.

Rick (raamaudio) also sells ensolite really cheap to layer over the mat after installation.

www.raamaudio.com

Well, they probably would most days. But, I like to go over the top every once in a while, so I'm trying to have a little extra in reserve. :)

Always keep in mind that you have a sedan, so if you are stuffing the subs in the trunk you are going to want a little extra cone area. It's a pretty big difference from having the cones in the cabin with you.

The usable cone area of 2 ISO-KIT 8's is still only equal to 1 12.

Edited by smoothfidelity

Does the rear seat fold down for acess into the trunk area ... If it does, then this should not be a problem cause I do not think that Chris would install his enclosure just laying in his truck with the subs and ports facing the rear of the vehicle ...

Unfortunately the seats do not fold down. My plan is to port them through the package panel. I also will test out a couple of other ideas that I have.

Thanks for the suggestions on sound deadening. I went ahead and ordered some stuff from Raammat. Will be getting started as soon as it arrives. I'll post some pictures.

I'd like to see a better pic ...

gallery_3233_72_3578.jpg

But your idea here ...

You could also consider going IB in the rear deck.

Might just work ... and look really cool in the process ...

That beast, makes my old MB look like a mid-size haha.

LOL. Am I that much older than you? My oldest daughter said when she saw it, "It looks like something your Dad would buy." 10 years ago, there's no way in hell I would drive something like it. But, like I say, my old age is getting to me. :)