Kingstroker

Which Encoder Is Better For Deh 80Prs

I will be installing my HU and new LP amp in a couple of weeks so I was going through the operation manual for the 80PRS. With all the options I was wondering if anyone knew which encoder had the best SQ. I was leaning toward the AAC and WAV but I have no experience with either.

whaaaaat?

Sorry, but I have very little experience with that headunit ...

me to, just did a auto TA the other day

IMO even the highest bit level of ACC, WAV or MP3 can touch physical digital source material (cd, sacd, dvd, etc). Some type of lossless is best, but is there a car audio headunit on the market that can play any lossless format? ACC would be the best of the ones you mentioned (at least from what I've read). Right now I have a mixture of FLAC, Apple lossless, WAV and MP3 (with the WAV and MP3 at various bit rates). Thinking about going all FLAC and be done with it.

On auto ta.... I've never cared for any auto ta tune. I could always do a better job.

Looks like the couple of guys above gave you some great information.

When I'm looking to get the absolute best sound, just for me or for demos, I always use a CD. However, I have many MP3's on a flash drive that I use because of convenience when just driving around. A lot of my stuff is at 256kps. Doesn't sound too bad. I also have stuff that's down at 128kps and even a few a little lower. IMO, there is certainly a difference. But, one of my things that I've always had a problem with is how the music is layed down in the first place. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 CDs. I can play one, sounds great. Go to a different one, sounds like crap. Drives me crazy.

I know that's a little off topic, but just my opinion. I realize I'm overstating the obvious, but if the source is bad, doesn't really matter what format its in. I sure wish there was more of a standard with how music is recorded.

By the way, I have the 80prs and have been very pleased so far with its performance. That includes sound quality and features.

Edited by ParrishTechGroup