Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and i just had to upgrade my amplifier because the circuit board on my old amp fried (7 year old MTX 801D Mono block). I am powering two alpine type R 12's with a brand new Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D Mono Block amp. My head unit is a Kenwood touchscreen DDX512 (older version w/o USB port on the front). In my Kenwood head unit, the subwoofer preout has a gain range of -9 to 9, and even with having it set on -9, the bass is WAY to powerful. I actually love how powerful the bass is, but my girlfriend and other passengers literally cannot bear how hard the bass hits. I have messed around with the tuning of the amplifier and I currently have the gain set around 5, Low Pass filter on 110hz, and subsonic filter on 25hz. I think it would be much easier to go back to an external bass knob so that I am able to control the subwoofer gain on the fly when i have passengers in the car.

I installed my own Bass Knob for use with my old amplifier and it was a simple phone jack that I ran from the amplifier to the front of my car. My new amplifier is not compatible with this knob and I would like to purchase a new knob to use with the new amp. I really like having the external bass knob so that I do not have to go in and change my equalization settings through my head unit every time I want the bass higher/lower. I do not know this space of car audio very well however, and I would like some outside advice which knob would work best with this amp. I do not know if I should use a specific bass knob or one of the universal fosgate knobs. I have also seen some knob that don't run directly from the amplifier, but rather integrate the head unit in the wiring. Please shed some light on my issue and I really appreciate the help.

Ryan

I've used the pac audio one that goes Aline with the car cables and it works great. Don't remember the model number right off hand ill have to look it up when I get home.