ParrishTechGroup

New Build - 1994 Ford Mustang GT

Finally found a deal on a car I couldn't pass up. Since this car actually belongs to me and is not a company lease, I can do with it as I please. :) So, I'm about to start my long awaited Linear Power / Blues build.

I know, its a convertible. But, I always like a good challenge.

Here are just a couple of pictures before I get started.

gallery_3233_58_85193.jpggallery_3233_58_564806.jpggallery_3233_58_137659.jpggallery_3233_58_114760.jpggallery_3233_58_161353.jpg

Are you going to try to get a sub in the cabin? These cars absolutely suck for doing a system in. Not only is it a convertible, but if you want to put subs in the trunk you have the space behind the back seat that is allocated for the top, when it's down, creating a barrier.

Thanks. Will be a challenge for sure. Going to have to work on this around my day job, so it will probably not progress as fast as I would like.

Very nice ride Sir ... Being a true audiophile like yourself, I do not see installing "true" sub bass a problem in this vehicle ...

If you can get a Blues 8 in each door, you might not even need subs ... Or better yet, might be a great vehicle for a pair of Blues ISO-Kit 6.5s ...

I'm tuned in Sir ...

Very nice ride Sir ... Being a true audiophile like yourself, I do not see installing "true" sub bass a problem in this vehicle ...

If you can get a Blues 8 in each door, you might not even need subs ... Or better yet, might be a great vehicle for a pair of Blues ISO-Kit 6.5s ...

I'm tuned in Sir ...

Thanks man. My plan is to put my 6.5 component set in the front door. From there, I'm still up in the air on. I welcome any suggestions you may have.

I would like to look closer ... but it looks like you may get a single 8" driver under the dash in front of the shifter ...

maybe some sort of a T-line port up into the dash defroster ducts ...

just throwing that out there ... seemed like a cool idea ...

gallery_3233_58_161353.jpg

Time to pull the rear sail panels to see what's under there. Could be enough room to get a single 8 on each side. Need a more direct pic of the rear sail panels without the front seat protruding into the shot. I believe a 6 1/2 is the factory size behind that grill down low on each side.

Thanks man. I've been thinking about that. But like you said, have to get the panel off and investigate. As soon as I do, I will snap a few pics and get them up.

I did an install in a fox body convertible a few years back and there were 6x9's in that location. In that car there was enough room to do a small sub there, but the enclosure needed to be fiberglassed to go around that internal area. IMO, that is your best bet.

Edited by smoothfidelity

Cut through from the trunk? Side note, Tirefyer on SSA, would be a help if you need ideas. He knows mustangs left side and backwards.

I did an install in a fox body convertible a few years back and there were 6x9's in that location. In that car there was enough room to do a small sub there, but the enclosure needed to be fiberglassed to go around that internal area. IMO, that is your best bet.

Thanks. When I dig into it, I'll see what's there and what I have to work with.

Cut through from the trunk? Side note, Tirefyer on SSA, would be a help if you need ideas. He knows mustangs left side and backwards.

Thank you. Once I get started, I will definitely hit him up if I run into issues.

Received some Dynamat Xtreme in the mail today. Also expecting some deadening spray (for those hard to reach areas) and my new head unit via UPS tomorrow. Will post some pics soon.

Thank you. Once I get started, I will definitely hit him up if I run into issues.

Spelled his user name wrong, crap. Tirefryr.