jagraj7870

2 18s in Jeep Wrangler JK w/ Kicker amplifiers

2 18s in Jeep Wrangler JK w/ Kicker amplifiers

So i have been interested in car audio ever since i bought my Jeep (2007)

i had 2 12 inch p3s which were the loudest in my highschool, ever since this experience i just wanted to get louder and be the loudest in the area.

Next i upgraded to 1 18" d2 SMD/AA and powered it using a Rockford Fosgate T40001bd. I had the box built for me, and all i did was put everything together. I wanted to keep 5 seats and be able to see throughout my windows

i competed with this system 3 times and won once with a score of 144.6dbs on music (white girl) on a test tone it did 145.6 which i didn't really know too much of, if it was good or bad but i was told that it was a pretty impressive score.

Around January, while i was driving 40 kms to Centennial College (I was taking a auto body apprenticeship course) my whole right side channel speakers popped, my t500.2 amplifier got messed and sh*t was just horrible. I didn't know what the problem was because i checked all my connections that i had modified and everything was tight and clean. So then one day i went bowling with my cousins and my Jeep broke down on me, it wouldn't start so then i had it towed to my dads autobody shop.

i later found out that the positive lead that goes to my fuse box had corroded and was loose. I sanded it down and and cleaned the corrosion off it. It fixed all my problems!

I saw that the Kicker warhorse was for sale on audiosavings so i didn't hesitate... i bought it, not knowing that the SMDs have to be Dual 1s in order for me to run it -_-.

I decided to just sell my old SMD and start from scratch and go for KICKER everything, no disrespect Rockford Fosgate is a good company but i just prefer KICKER.

So for my next build i wanted it to be LOUD and LOW so i decided to go with the SMDs again since they are amazing subs, and tune the box to 30hz since, i wanted to be able to do hairtricks since that would be pretty impressive in the area that i live. (not that many ppl have wicked systems). Also a ground pounder no burp machine!

The gear that i needed to buy was:

2 SMD/AA's Dual 1s

1 Kicker Warhorse

3 Kicker IX amplifiers 500.4

4 sets of KS65.2 comps

5 XS Power batteries 4- D3100 and 1 D5100 (i already have one D5100)

3/4 MDF

4 6" Aero Ports

100 ft 2/0 gauge welding wire

2/0 ring terminals

black carpet

Kicker and Monster RCAs

and MOTIVATION[/indent]

Edited by jagraj7870

Diggin' the jeep! Are all the terminals on that 500.4 on the bottom? I love that style :wub:

"I decided to just sell my old SMD and start from scratch and go for KICKER everything, no disrespect Rockford Fosgate is a good company but i just prefer KICKER.

So for my next build i wanted it to be LOUD and LOW so i decided to go with the SMDs again since they are amazing subs..."

Where did Rockford Fosgate come into that first sentence? Then you say you're going to sell the SMD to go Kicker for everything... Then buy more SMDs :P :P

Diggin' the jeep! Are all the terminals on that 500.4 on the bottom? I love that style :wub:

"I decided to just sell my old SMD and start from scratch and go for KICKER everything, no disrespect Rockford Fosgate is a good company but i just prefer KICKER.

So for my next build i wanted it to be LOUD and LOW so i decided to go with the SMDs again since they are amazing subs..."

Where did Rockford Fosgate come into that first sentence? Then you say you're going to sell the SMD to go Kicker for everything... Then buy more SMDs :P :P

lol i sold the first SMD because it was a D2 and the new ones are Dual 1's, thats what the Kicker Warhorse takes to set up 2 subs -_-

So ima start this thread by showing u guys from nice to WTF WICKED :)

Sound bar

DSC06617.jpg

DSC06618.jpg

The previous diameter was too big it was 7" so i had to adjust that to make the 6.5"s to fit

DSC06621.jpg

Adhesion promoter, u gotta use this for stuff to stick to TPO plastic

DSC06623.jpg

Wrapped a extra grill with tape u'll see why

DSC06622.jpg

lol i sold the first SMD because it was a D2 and the new ones are Dual 1's, thats what the Kicker Warhorse takes to set up 2 subs -_-

I get the wiring, was just giving you crap for saying your build was going to be all kicker, then bought AA subs.

Nice work on the sound bar, that chrome paint came out nice!