bowtieguy

Blazer Build

Hey guys I have been off here for a little while but thought I would drop in with an update. The mazda and entire system has been sold in order to purchase another vehicle, one that fits my screen name ALOT better!! 1989 CHEVROLET K5 Blazer with a 6.2 diesel. Gained alot more room, 4wd, and better mpg. A new build will come as money allows. Done a few upgrades already. Kenwood KDC-X995 head unit with sirius and ipod hooked up, got some temp 6x9s in boxes in the floor between front and rear seats and borrowing some Alpine type r 12s and a Crunch cr2000.1 from my wonderful neighbor till I make a purchase on some E series Sundown 12s. This truck still has the FACTORY speakers in and was hooked up lol. Anyways a few pics of my new tank.

2012-02-04_16-39-42_574.jpg

2012-02-04_16-39-21_245.jpg

2012-02-04_16-40-11_426.jpg

2012-02-04_16-40-49_649.jpg

2012-02-04_16-38-57_473.jpg

Thanks guys, this build probably wont be as loud as my previous. It was pretty brutal. The build will also consist of more than just the stereo. Got big plans for the truck overall too. Nothing extreme as this is my DD. But custom front and rear bumbers rust removal and a new paint are in its future at some point. Cableguy if I remember corectly your the one that pointed out my screen name in the mazda build lol. I have been pondering an idea and need some advice, has anyone used metal to build small enclosers for mid-bass? Like in doors or such?

Edited by bowtieguy

Thanks guys, this build probably wont be as loud as my previous. It was pretty brutal. The build will also consist of more than just the stereo. Got big plans for the truck overall too. Nothing extreme as this is my DD. But custom front and rear bumbers rust removal and a new paint are in its future at some point. Cableguy if I remember corectly your the one that pointed out my screen name in the mazda build lol. I have been pondering an idea and need some advice, has anyone used metal to build small enclosers for mid-bass? Like in doors or such?

my doors are my enclosures for my 6.5s ...

Yeah, makes sure welds are solid, seam seal it, and used sound deadener, its good!

Welds are not my worries, been working as a welder for about 15 years now, kinda why I was thinking of going this route. the inside "bed" sides make good locations for mid-bass. Thinking maybe a decent 8" and with basically 1/8 metal I can make a decent enclosure for them between iinterior panels and outer skin. Honestly I could probably fit a 10" in there if wanted.

my doors are my enclosures for my 6.5s ...

I plan to run 6.5s in the doors, just got to figure out where. My preference might not work since the inside the lower door is filled with elec window motor. Have to research this a little more.

It is pretty good, was parked for several years. About 3 houses down from my mothers. Bromo might be hitting ya up on a box design for 2 Alpine type r 12's soon as the weather startes getting warm again.

I've always liked the K5 Blazers. Before I got my Jeep, I thought about buying a Military surplus K5. You need to pull the 6.2 and put in a DMAX/Allison drivetrain! That would be a budget buster! LOL

The radio was held in by a hacked up install kit. I ordered a new one (with eq slot) and got it set up right finally. I did keep the old school Sony eq and got it installed too. Its wired in and working but not affecting sound any, more for dislpay right now. With all the control the deck has I am thinking of leaving the eq just for dislpay. It only has one set of inputs with front/rear/sub out with 80/120 cross over settings. I can adjust alot more from the radio. But the eq does look good lol. Will try to get some decent pics tomo and post them up.

I did one of these blazers with 12 10" mtx subs. Hardest part of whole build, removable top rattles bad! Plenty of room for alternators, batts, etc'. Have fun with it, looks good.

With just 2 12s the top still rattles pretty bad. But everyone says plenty of room for alternators etc, plenty of room inside but under the hood the diesel dont leave much room lol. Been putting alot of thought in which direction I am gonna go and I about have myself talked into a single 12. The eq is very classic, I had another one also in 92.

Havent done anything along the lines of audio to the blazer yet, had some major cancer issues to tend to, thought I would share some pics for those interested. I figure since this is a build thread and its part of the build of my blazer it fits? I got most of the cancer issues taken care of, still got the drivers side rocker panel to replace and soon as money permits seal up the interior with some form of DIY bedliner. Anyways on with some pics......

IMG_20120330_122745.jpg

IMG_20120330_122803.jpg

IMG_20120330_133345.jpg

IMG_20120330_140644.jpg

IMG_20120330_143144.jpg