Cablguy184

Hyper Lights On "white Lightning"

Anything that lights blue inside or out while the vehicle is operating on a public road inside the state of Mississippi is illegal. Any red light forward of the rear half of the vehicle is illegal. Tag lights must be white ONLY and anything that covers any writing on the tag or even clear tag coverings are illegal because they can cause a glare obscuring the tag information. This includes most tag frames as they cover the county name on the tag most of the time.

Randal knows I know these answers since I was a patrol officer for almost 10 years.

Edited by Linear Power

Anything that lights blue inside or out while the vehicle is operating on a public road inside the state of Mississippi is illegal. Any red light forward of the rear half of the vehicle is illegal. Tag lights must be white ONLY and anything that covers any writing on the tag or even clear tag coverings are illegal because they can cause a glare obscuring the tag information. This includes most tag frames as they cover the county name on the tag most of the time.

Randal knows I know these answers since I was a patrol officer for almost 10 years.

Some officer in Rankin county is going to find at least one of those multiple violations, Randal!!!

I can always unplug them ... There is no blue on my truck anymore (i hated that because it looked cool as all get out) ...

I've had a police man or two get behind me sinse I swaped the tag lights out to green ... and they've said nothing

Me and Mike (MOBS) are talking about installing a UFO kit under the truck for shows ... I know I will NOT be driving with those on ...

4 Sure ... lol

Are you F'n kidding me Ray? You were a patrol officer? What the hell haven't you done? Was this before or after you developed a love for electronics?

They have the same blue light laws in South Carolina as well. I still have an outstanding violation ticket from Spring Break 2005. I had purplish blue halos around my projector headlights and the officer said they had too much of a blue tint to them to be legal in SC. He had the nerve to pull me over right on the strip by pulling up next to me on his pedal bike. I argued with him for about ten minutes until he got mad and offered to give me more than a ticket. It didn't matter to him that I was from NY and couldn't have known all their laws before coming there on vacation (he didn't know it was my 4th year in a row there for Spring Break either!). His argument was that if he brought a loaded gun to NY, he would research the laws beforehand. I discredited his argument because there is a huge difference between a blue-ish tint to a set of circles around my headlights and a loaded gun. Either way, I received a ticket and they didn't get paid! I am sure the statute of limitations has ran out by now.

Good luck Randall!

Edited by smoothfidelity

Actually, I'm being told the green is good to go ... as long as it does not flash ...

But I'm not taking any chances ... they will only come on when the truck is parked or in a parking lot somewhere ...

The third brake lights just got an "upgrade".....lol, they're definitely different and no one can say they aren't bright enough, as they now have projectors in them hahaha.