Sign in to follow this  
prince427c

What is the max signal voltage(RCA) for a 2.2HV

I'm sure Ray will chime in and answer you question soon ...

In the mean time,

Are you looking for a 2.2hv ?? or maybe even a 5002iq ??

What prices/colors are you offering? I dunno if I want to spend much so short after the holiday, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm sure Ray will chime in and answer you question soon ...

In the mean time,

Are you looking for a 2.2hv ?? or maybe even a 5002iq ??

What prices/colors are you offering? I dunno if I want to spend much so short after the holiday, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

$650.00 for the 2.2 ... Modified ... plum crazy purple ... condition 9/10

$550.00 fro the 5002iq ... modified with Feedback ... plum crazy purple ... condition (outside) 6/10 electronics 10/10

all modifications done by Ray ... with beautiful silk screens ...

26203464013_original.jpg

26203460094_original.jpg

26203460091_original.jpg

Got a VERY MINTY Linear Power PA2 Audiopath also if you might be interested ...

Very Sorry for spamming up your thread ... This will be my last post, Please pm me if you are interested

Thanks

Randal

Rats. I didn't realize they were both modded. I wouldn't be able to match them up with what I currently have, unfortunately. No worries about clogging up the thread. My only real question is at the top hehe. The rest is just gravy.

The 2.2HV, as well as, all other older Linear Power amps are capable of receiving over 10+ volts in the RCAs. Matter of fact, you can take the high power radio outputs of older radios and wire them into RCAs and run that into the RCA inputs of the amps with teh gain all the way down and it would work, and work cleaner than a line level convertor. Newer style radios with bridged speaker power outputs can't be done this way since both speaker wires carry signal and no true ground, but is is a demonstration of the high level that the amps can accept.

We re not going to utilize such a broad voltage range on the newer products since it is not needed, and can have SQ issues with maintaining such a wide voltage range. The newer products will be set up for a more usable 8 volts or less which most of the headunits providing 5 volts of line level output. We may set the top to 5 volts for the variable gain and then allow people wanting a higher voltage input to use the DIP pack socket (gain contriol removed and replaced wit the DIP header) to set the gain exactly where they want it for perfect channel matching, and perfect matching to the headunit.

The 2.2HV, as well as, all other older Linear Power amps are capable of receiving over 10+ volts in the RCAs. Matter of fact, you can take the high power radio outputs of older radios and wire them into RCAs and run that into the RCA inputs of the amps with teh gain all the way down and it would work, and work cleaner than a line level convertor. Newer style radios with bridged speaker power outputs can't be done this way since both speaker wires carry signal and no true ground, but is is a demonstration of the high level that the amps can accept.

We re not going to utilize such a broad voltage range on the newer products since it is not needed, and can have SQ issues with maintaining such a wide voltage range. The newer products will be set up for a more usable 8 volts or less which most of the headunits providing 5 volts of line level output. We may set the top to 5 volts for the variable gain and then allow people wanting a higher voltage input to use the DIP pack socket (gain contriol removed and replaced wit the DIP header) to set the gain exactly where they want it for perfect channel matching, and perfect matching to the headunit.

WOW. That is far more impressive than I was ever thinking. I just won an X02, and I was reading the manual where it said it accepts 5V, but will not clip until it's past 10V. Interesting to note most of the equipment is like that. It looks like I need not worry about input voltage at that point. Even the older Eclipse HU I have can't scratch that hehe. Thanks for the response. The only parts of my system I can convert to LP/Blues anymore are the HU/Pre and Subs :D

I'm looking into upgrading the charging system first though. The 2.2HV and 5002 can pull quite a bit of current together :o

Edited by Prince427c

If you actually had a device like an old Eclipse with 8+ volt output many devices (even non LP) can be modified to accept those input voltages. Depending on how the pre amp handles it the changes can be fairly simple. I never thought about it till just the other day (when Jeri explained it to me) but anything above 5-7v has to be reduced for most op amps anyway. I'm not saying more voltage isn't better than less just that it has to be accommodated in some fashion.

If you actually had a device like an old Eclipse with 8+ volt output many devices (even non LP) can be modified to accept those input voltages. Depending on how the pre amp handles it the changes can be fairly simple. I never thought about it till just the other day (when Jeri explained it to me) but anything above 5-7v has to be reduced for most op amps anyway. I'm not saying more voltage isn't better than less just that it has to be accommodated in some fashion.

As far as I know, the older Eclipse decks that claimed 8V out were actually not even close to outputting 8V.

The new Linear Powwer amps blow the old away for efficiency. Example: the 2.2HV used a 40 amp fuse and had an internal working voltage of +/- 48.5 volts, or 97 volts peak to peak rail voltage. The FIRST prototype of the LP2150 ran an internal voltage of +/-42 volts or 84 volts peak to peak and used a 30 amp fuse, it made identical power to the 2.2HV (other than from 20 hz down and the 2150 made more power) with less working voltage and less battery current. The final prototype of the LP2150 is MUCH stronger than the first prototype and still only uses a 35 amp fuse. The LP2150 is also roughly 3/4 inch shorter in height and 3 inches shorter in length than the 2.2HV

The power supply efficiencies on the new products are in the mid 80 percent efficiency range, and the overall amp efficiency is above 70 percent. That is over a 10 percent increase in both figures over the old product.

Edited by Linear Power

I assume this is where balanced in/out comes into play. They seem to run high voltage signals without too much much issue.