Sign in to follow this  
junkfixer

advice on wall positioning

im building a wall for a 95 buick regal 2 door. My goal is spl, I have about 1 ft leeway on positioning the wall. Should i put it as close to the front seats as possible, or leave the 1 ft leeway? any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to CA-F !!!

What kind of SPL numbers you looking for ???

What type / size / number subs you going to run ???

How much amp / battery power you going to have on tap ???

Is this your Daily dirver ???

Welcome.

For wall builds there are many things to consider when you plan them out.

First. What type of enclosure will it be?

Second. What is your goal(just spl if so tuned low or close to peak?)

Third. What org and class will you run in the most and try to be competitive. This will affect sub/port placements.

Welcome to CA-F !!!

What kind of SPL numbers you looking for ???

What type / size / number subs you going to run ???

How much amp / battery power you going to have on tap ???

Is this your Daily dirver ???

as far as numbers....as high as possible

i have 5 13 w6, ran by 5 hd 750, with 5 kinetick 1200 batt.

yes it is a daily driver, but i have a few other cars to use from day to day

i will be in midwest spl for this coming season, i have already made a wall with 3 of the 13w6 for some practice,(which was a good idea,,,i found unplanned problems) and it is very good,

but i have 2 more woofers and there is more room for them, im hoping the next build will be my last, i was picking for some knowledge before i start plans

im gonna try to make the port removable(i have a plan) so i can port it high when in the lanes

i guess i was looking for someone who had built a wall, got metered, changed the configuration of wall using the same woofers, changed the distance of wall from windsheild, and observed the

change on the meter for + or - outcome.... but any suggestions are welcomed

Welcome.

Third. What org and class will you run in the most and try to be competitive. This will affect sub/port placements.

it will be a ported enclosure, with removable port, i will travel with a few different length, that the computer calculated

goal for spl.... high as possible

not sure what class,,, ill be packing 5 13w6 running off 5 hd 750 with 5 kinetic batteries in the trunk

i was hoping to find someone who metered the wall system, moved the wall forwards/backwards, observed the change for +/- outcome, and would share a little experience/knowledge, but and

advice will be gladly appreciated

i

Depends on if you're competing and what organization you belong to. Most want it behind the B-pillar. Port placement tends to be more important when SPL is concerned.

i will be in the midwest spl organization, this coming year will be the first time ive ever competed, but im gonna take it very serious, im gonna make it a family event, 3kids 1wife, n lots of woofers

we got a mini van so everyone can come with

im gonna make a removable port(havent made it yet, but have a plan) and carry a few lengths(square port) with me that the computer has calculated

the wall will have 3 13s in bottem row and 2 13s in top row, and i wanted to put the port between the top 2 woofers(for looks only, i feel behind the drivers seat would be better)

when i watch youtube vids, people take out their pass. seat to make more airspace, i cant help to feel that there is an airspace to woofer ratio or some sort of calculation

example,,, if you put a 15 in a recommended encloser and have the woofer firing into a very small air space, i cant help to feel it wont make many dbs, due to the way sound waves travel

im hoping to make 1 wall build, and not have to touch it again(yeah right), but im gonna try to put all knowledge into this winters build

any insight would be appreciated!!!!

Welcome.

it will be a ported enclosure, with removable port, i will travel with a few different length, that the computer calculated

not sure what class,,, ill be packing 5 13w6 running off 5 hd 750 with 5 kinetic batteries in the trunk

i was hoping to find someone who metered the wall system, moved the wall forwards/backwards, observed the change for +/- outcome, and would share a little experience/knowledge, but and

i

I have done a ton of testing with walls in various applications. However, each is different so others work will not help you on your own application as the results will be different. First thing to do is to start with some measurements and see what you have to work with and start laying out a basic design. From there you can start to move things around and see how it will work or if it will work. Once your happy build it. Odds are you won't get it right the first time.

Each time I set a world record I had redone the enclosure for those setups over 100 times (more then likely more) just to ensure I was getting the most I could from what I had. This includes a few wall setups as well. There is simply no way to "slide by" the build and rebuild method.

Welcome.

i

I have done a ton of testing with walls in various applications. However, each is different so others work will not help you on your own application as the results will be different. First thing to do is to start with some measurements and see what you have to work with and start laying out a basic design. From there you can start to move things around and see how it will work or if it will work. Once your happy build it. Odds are you won't get it right the first time.

Each time I set a world record I had redone the enclosure for those setups over 100 times (more then likely more) just to ensure I was getting the most I could from what I had. This includes a few wall setups as well. There is simply no way to "slide by" the build and rebuild method.

your right, rebuilds is a part of the life style.