Aaron Clinton

Finalized testing of the 2012 Icon.

Today I wrapped up our testing on the final prototype Icon. We are going to production very shortly now. The long story short, the Icon is ready. It was really tested in depth today, ALL kinds of music, from passive listening to full clip for a long time. Not once was there any sign of thermal limits. This new version keeps that same full, warm and surrounding bass the original Icon was known for, bringing a little more punch and attack with an upgrade of added power handling and thermal limits and a little more abuse tolerance. By the way, the Icon bulked up 4 lbs. REALLY happy with this new version, we have something special in this power segment. More pix and videos will follow soon as these were quick shots from today with the phone.

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

th_VIDEO0023.jpg

looks awesome i wants a few lol'z. any date set yet? any idea on the extra power over the old i cons were 1000rms are these going to handle 1200 or 1500rms? and of course they will sound good lol'z so i won't ask that.

It can handle more power then the out going model, but weather or not we adjust the rms is not set yet. The final details like price, T/S, and enclosure sizing is being worked on right now. :)

good info aaron any idea if there will be a 18 in them ?? i think 15 were in the last one want to run a set of 15 or 18's not sure which yet. will have to see when you get them out. most definitly a great call to bring out the i con now. cause i realy want a good big sub that can handle the lows and has a lot of impact to the music. that's ware i think the i con maybe perfect. that or running 4 dcon's 12's wich is a great sub too by the way.

sweet i will have to see if to will fit when every thing is finallized i think some were in the 12 cubic foot range of haveing will see if that's enough. when the spec come out first

maybe i shout put dibs in on that sub when your threw for tonie since he always looking for a demo.lol'z

sweet i will have to see if to will fit when every thing is finallized i think some were in the 12 cubic foot range of haveing will see if that's enough. when the spec come out first

maybe i shout put dibs in on that sub when your threw for tonie since he always looking for a demo.lol'z

With this new motor, the Icon will be more average in box size, where as the older Icon loved the big boxes.

Very nice looking Driver ... Wish I could hear one ...

Thank you. Thought about a demo ring, but the last couple of times, it did not go so well and when we got the driver back it was thrashed.

Very nice looking Driver ... Wish I could hear one ...

Thank you. Thought about a demo ring, but the last couple of times, it did not go so well and when we got the driver back it was thrashed.

:( :( :(

Curious if the Fcon in next in line? I'm getting tired of these Xs. About to put them on craigslist... I want something with a little more power handling ;)

Right now, the issue is monetary feasibility. Meaning, can we actually build a superior 3" driver for the price point we are aiming for. The design is quite good, as you can see I have the prototype. But we might not be able to build it and actually make anything on it. :(

We might do a contest soon though.

you gonna put one in your own ride ... maybe see you at SBN ???

We will see. Need to figure out a ported single 12 design, that will have the displacement I want, the tuning I prefer, and still leave me something in terms of a hatch area.

Curious if the Fcon in next in line? I'm getting tired of these Xs. About to put them on craigslist... I want something with a little more power handling ;)

Right now, the issue is monetary feasibility. Meaning, can we actually build a superior 3" driver for the price point we are aiming for. The design is quite good, as you can see I have the prototype. But we might not be able to build it and actually make anything on it. :(

Aww, lame! But understandable.

Lets get 4 prototypes ;) I'll just keep looking at the SSD.

I assume you mean a driver with a 3" coil?

Edited by Emery.H

Aww, lame! But understandable.

Lets get 4 prototypes ;) I'll just keep looking at the SSD.

I assume you mean a driver with a 3" coil?

Yes a 3" coil, the idea is to have the Fcon sit under the Icon in price and power handling.