Audio-Concepts

Mercury Sable Old School SQ!!!!

Well everyone, Im new to the forum and wanted to share my build log of my daily driver!

The vehicle is a 1998 Mercury Sable

The equipment:

Headunit: Alpine 9886

Knu Konceptz wiring

Front stage: KEF KAR160q

Front stage amp: Linear Power 952iq

Equalizer: Alesis MEQ-230

Subwoofer: Onyx LS V.2 12"

Sub amp: Zapco Studio 500 LE

Crossover: Coustic XM-3

This build is already started, so I will post pics of my radio housing, being as I have a digital dash and no dash kit, I fabbed up my own in the ash tray area!

2011-01-21152805.jpg

2011-02-01195404.jpg

2011-02-02105636.jpg

2011-02-02142214.jpg

Test fit! Still needs lovin!

2011-02-02143819.jpg

2011-02-02164931.jpg

2011-02-02201416.jpg

2011-02-02193402.jpg

2011-02-02202328.jpg

Finally installed!!

2011-02-03103606.jpg

Well here are some pics of the rest of the equipment!

Front stage (KEF KAR160q)

2011-02-21010253.jpg

2011-02-21010455.jpg

caraudiostuff004.jpg

Front Stage amp (Linear Power 952iq unmodded)

2011-02-26092102.jpg

2011-02-25231535.jpg

Equalizer ( Alesis MEQ-230)

caraudiostuff003.jpg

Sub Stage (Onyx LS V.2)

caraudiostuff016.jpg

2010-12-03193732.jpg

Sub stage amp (Zapco Studio 500 LE)

caraudiostuff013.jpg

I will try to get better pics of the amps when I redo the backside of the sub box for the final install!

that sable is the bomb. did you get it with the sail panel tweets my taurus i got now has them all you got to do is remove the factory tweet from the mount and attach the after market tweet to it's mount then cover with the sail pannel grills. try i think it is the taurus forum they sell some of those as a group buy on one of the forums. so check in to it. there like 15 -20 ech for my car for the grills and 10-15 ech for the mounting piece.at the dealer ships you can do it to a regualr taurus or sable. it's the jbl 6 speaker set up that come with it. btw welomew to the site you do some great work.

I do have the 6 speaker premium setup stock, which is surprisingly powerful, but with the KEF's pictured the tweeters are stationary in the middle of the driver!

Thats one reason I'm debating on location, whether making kicks or door pods being as the crossovers are massive and will be difficult to hide, so I was thinking why not show them off, lol

I do have the 6 speaker premium setup stock, which is surprisingly powerful, but with the KEF's pictured the tweeters are stationary in the middle of the driver!

Thats one reason I'm debating on location, whether making kicks or door pods being as the crossovers are massive and will be difficult to hide, so I was thinking why not show them off, lol

ya why not i was just thinking cause they alreay are in a good location so i put mine there in my taurus they alreay had the angles figured for ya so it was easier. then all i had to do is a 6x8 adaptor plate to 5.25 mid woofer.

I could use some assistance, I have been debating on changing the box to ported but want to port it into the cab, and leave the sub facing toward the back of the car so I still have something stylish to look at in the trunk! I was wondering what you guys think about this and maybe throw me some ideas!

I plan on building an amp rack on the back of the box, so I can show off the amps and hide them when I want to!

Any help with my front stage would also be greatly appreciated!

depends on how you want to port it in to the rear. i do it the same as a big band pass box. take the full volume of the trunk mite have to get a tape measure to get it you know lxwxh/1728 then minus the sub box from the total that is sealed which is the rear chamber on a band pass then the rest is the front chamber.

i got the book called loud speaker design cook book 5 th addition if your good at college math i can get you the isbn for picking it up on e bays www.half.com. also i am good at the math so if you need help on it just ask. also hope your good at fiber glassing cuase i think you will want to do it to the rear deck to put the port tubes in. or make cover plate for the 6x8's out of wood and put a hole in it for the port then deaden the hole rear deck also gotto foam in the sides by the remote mounted trunk unit there is a gap between the fender and the unit on bouth sides. mite want to get a couple cans of foam and seal it up to. basicaly the truck should be compley sealed so notto let air out except for the ports. the gap was for taurus and sables i got one my self. try to seal it the best you can and put the port were the speaker holes are i liked fatmat.com for sealing my rear deck cause it take a lot of deadener to do.

Yeah I gotta save as much room with the trunk as possible, being as im a proud father and need the trunk for lil mans essentials! I like the idea of porting through the rear deck I did that with my SHO! Its just odd with the speaker grill but I could always make a fiberglassed form to go there!

Yeah math is far from an issue, being I have a degree in business, with a minor in accounting, lol! Kinda key in that genre!

I just want to keep my full trunk as much as possible, thinking of doing a trumpet enclosure with dual 4" ports, tuned around 36 htz! Or just a basic ported with a trumpet end sealed off!

Yeah I gotta save as much room with the trunk as possible, being as im a proud father and need the trunk for lil mans essentials! I like the idea of porting through the rear deck I did that with my SHO! Its just odd with the speaker grill but I could always make a fiberglassed form to go there!

exactly that is what i was thinking about the grill.

what about useing a board to seprate the trunk from the car. and put a plexi window in it so you can see the amps you got mounted to the back of the box? then port the trunk the way you like it.