Aaron Clinton

My New Little Trusty Mazda P5 & Rx8

How to finish in style without hitting any cones, despite completely cooked rear tires while pushing to move up one spot.

That looks like fun !!!

Springs have FINALLY freaking arrived for the P5. Friday I drop it off to my mechanic.

Nice !!!

I have had to commute with the RX8 because of a dragging pad on the P5 that I don't have daylight to work on it before Friday.

Since I am still awaiting the arrival of something I have been waiting on a good while now..... the Evil will stay in the house for now, while an Icon 18 was added in for part of the daily driver rotation. I quick weekend up at Neal's and tada, nice and solid sealed box that barely fits.

post-2-0-03924000-1382473020_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-58972500-1382473020_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-90361100-1382473020_thumb.jpg

Very nice. What are you powering it with?

Trying to think of what you would be waiting on to power an Evil... Minotaur(s)????

A single Minotaur @ 4ohms mono. It is one of the best SQ approaches for bass I have taken in a while. As in huge cone area, sealed and very stuffed enclosure, higher ohm load on amp, low gain, moderate signal, flat EQ, low RA setting, all bass enhancements off on the Pioneer deck, minimal system strain, and barely working the sub so majority of coil always in gap.

Eibach Pro-kit's are waiting to be installed, pondering if it is worth trying to get the clutch done too while the car is up in the air.

This is now the 5th vehicle I have installed Eibach springs on. They are not too low, not too firm, not too $$$. Just right for most needs outside of the track. As for the track, I am very strongly considering entering the P5 in the STC class coming up this season. :)

So the P5 is low enough that the snow will actually start packing up above the tire in the wheel well and begin to act like a friction brake. :ohnoes9: