Bobby32

Installing subs/amp

ok now, does everything work? Subs play music, front speakers play music, nothing cuts out etc.? Before you button everything back up, double check EVERYTHING to make sure its secure. And if you really need tape, just go to Walmart and get electrical or heat shrink, and a grommet as well.

Okay, but will a bad ground still cause my subs not to work?

- I just messed with it some more. Re-wired the terminals on the outside, taped them and no wires were touching.

-Put the RCA's in the right place, even tried the different spot on teh HU, and still nothing

Thats all I could really do. Too dark to see any new places for a new ground. My garage door is screwed up, and its really cold, no light.

no more than half way on the gain knob though. and turn your

subsonic filter on like 25hz and then your low pass on maybe 80hz. then turn up the volume on your head unit but only by a little bit and don't pass up 3/4 the way. This general setting is just to see if you have everything right to work before you really tune the amp for better settings.

Edited by slim2fattycake

no more than half way on the gain knob though. and turn your

subsonic filter on like 25hz and then your low pass on maybe 80hz. then turn up the volume on your head unit but only by a little bit and don't pass up 3/4 the way. This general setting is just to see if you have everything right to work before you really tune the amp for better settings.

I would suggest against this as a 'general' way to see if everything is working as half gain might be too much. Mine is at less than 1/3 for the correct setting.

If your amp turns on, doesnt go into protect, shows voltage at the speaker terminals and there is still no sound, its likely its the signal wire, speaker wire or a problem with the sub. I think in the other thread you said you weren't exactly positive on the subs wiring, I would check it til I was sure it was correct. Set the gains as if everything was working then try it. If still nothing then measure the impedance of the sub with the meter.

I said no more than half way. It also would be affected by how much the volume is turned up on the head unit too. I think two of those subs can handle that brutus amp. The subs are no way going to see 1600 watts. The amp is rated at 14.4 volts and it is about 20% over-rated anyways.

Alright, tomorrow my wiring kit should come in the mail - http://www.knukoncep...?prodID=KFX-AK4

I'm still a newbie to car audio, so any help would be great. Anyways, I think I have the basic installation guide remember:

Disconnect Neg. battery cable

Power cable w/ fuse from battery positive to amp

Amp ground to chassis/frame

RCA cables to amp (opposite side of power cable)

Turn on cable to amp (along with RCA cables)

Speaker wire to subs

I'm running 2 of these http://dls.se/en/obd2 scanner...?produkt=en_138

so I will need to wire the sub like this http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learni..._2-ohm_mono.jpg

The amp is a hifonics brutus 1600W

Is all this correct?

Thanks!

Thanks for your share ! this is a guide that i need ,

Edited by Celeste