Sign in to follow this  
jagblazer01

Genesis vs Zapco

I have been highly thinking about trading my rainbow amps back and picking up either 2 Genesis Profile 4 channels or 2 Zapco Digital Reference 4 channels. Can anyone give me any insight to either one of these companies.

im looking for a more higher quality amp then the sundown

Ray from SS actually did a comparison between the 100.4 and the McIntosh and rated the Sundown very favorably against it.  And the McIntosh is definately better than the Zapco for SQ.

Ray from SS actually did a comparison between the 100.4 and the McIntosh and rated the Sundown very favorably against it.  And the McIntosh is definately better than the Zapco for SQ.

but the McIntosh is also like 5x the money lol

but the McIntosh is also like 5x the money lol

Exactly, but you said you were looking for something higher quality than the Sundown 100.4, and my point is that if the Sundown compares favorably with the McIntosh, it's more than likely equal or better to the Zapco DR series.  Don't let the Sundown name fool you, the 100.4 was designed for people like you and me in mind.  This isn't a power monster like the rest of their amps.  The xovers are soooo good on the new series, and the power is extremely clean.  I believe Ray said it compares to amps more than double it's price easily.

I'd prolly still take the Mcintosh over the sundown in a heartbeat  :moneyeyes:

I am not saying it is happening here, but across the audio net, people spend big money on top end equipment to achieve top end SQ.  But it seems like they don't have the install or the electrical to support it.

don't mind me

/rant.

I am not saying it is happening here, but across the audio net, people spend big money on top end equipment to achieve top end SQ.  But it seems like they don't have the install or the electrical to support it.

don't mind me

/rant.

Haven't you learned that expensive gear = SQ by default ?

LOL

I see it a lot over here :(

don't mind me

/rant.

Haven't you learned that expensive gear = SQ by default ?

LOL

I see it a lot over here :(

Part of the reason my ZED's will not go in until the car is ready for them.