Emery.H

Daily driven CRX

personally i loved the crx all my life here is why get rid of the 1.8 or 1.6 it came with and swap in a k series or even a h22 or f22 here is a link on how and were to get the parts. then swap out all the body panel for carbon fiber that was my choice just a suggestion since you got one.

http://hasport.com/store/

HAHA K series is a bit much for me. But would be flippin' sweet. I'm thinking of just doing this header and a intake manifold possibly. Maybe a cam shaft/cam gear/ valve springs and a tune. Of course i always dream bigger than what i actually do <_<

HAHA K series is a bit much for me. But would be flippin' sweet. I'm thinking of just doing this header and a intake manifold possibly. Maybe a cam shaft/cam gear/ valve springs and a tune. Of course i always dream bigger than what i actually do <_<

ya not trying to talk you in to it. it is some thing i wanted to do those tired old 1.6 and 1.8 only put out about 70-80 hp at the fly wheel and once you get threw to the tires it a heck of a lot less this is why the i think for the 1991 would have been the prelude motor the 4 cyl which is the h22b or some thing like that which is like a 140 hp at the wheels because of the swap even if you turbo that motor it not worth shit it is a waste of parts.meaning the 1.6's and 1.8's which the h22 is a more readily available motor then say the f22 in the s2000. sorry to even get ya thinking of it just some thing i have been wanting to do.

looks good what did you do with the cat? leave it replace it ? does it sound louder with the headers? i have been thinking of jba header on my truck and replace the cat. freed up a ton of hp and sound which is a plus. never did the header was wondering if i should do that and get rid of the slippy lsd for a lock up diff but will see.

Aaron:

CAI are like a half hour install.. for most lol mine took a weekend, but now i can take it off and put it back on in literally a minute. Had to wait for rides to the part stores because i had my car in pieces and couldn't go driving around with open coolant lines. What brand did you get?

Oh and about long trips in my car. Last time i did that my alt went out... I want to keep up on the tune-ups before i go across the nation :D

Tune-up list...

-Spark plug wires

-Distributor cap/rotor

-Timing belt

-Water pump

Bum:

I left the cat, didn't even think to have that removed, that helps free up the exhaust and increase sound, right? I'll look into that. I've seen universal hi-flow ones for about 70$, worth it, or should i just take it out completely?

Edited by Emery.H

Mine is an Injen, I was just kidding about the install. Just have very limited time with everything going on and have not had the best weather to work on it either. :(

Haha, i know. I cant decide if i want to get a brand name intake or not... Too many other things i want to do. I already have one and im happy with it. Paid 20 shipped! lol ebay can be good for some things ;)

I talked to a bunch of people on Mazdas247 and a few said go cheap ebay, others said if I drive it daily and put a bunch of miles on the car to spend a few extra dollars.

Aaron:

CAI are like a half hour install.. for most lol mine took a weekend, but now i can take it off and put it back on in literally a minute. Had to wait for rides to the part stores because i had my car in pieces and couldn't go driving around with open coolant lines. What brand did you get?

Oh and about long trips in my car. Last time i did that my alt went out... I want to keep up on the tune-ups before i go across the nation :D

Tune-up list...

-Spark plug wires

-Distributor cap/rotor

-Timing belt

-Water pump

Bum:

I left the cat, didn't even think to have that removed, that helps free up the exhaust and increase sound, right? I'll look into that. I've seen universal hi-flow ones for about 70$, worth it, or should i just take it out completely?

the hi-flow cat increase flow volume going cat less is even better but i do not know if your in a c.a.r.b. type state i know michigan is not a c.a.r.b. type state that has check point etc or epa required tests it is worth it also does your set up have a resonator after the cat? it will in crease that buzzy ricer sound if you replace the resonator with a hi-folw hush power or similar resonator from summit racing or jegs or what ever. but ya all those help most of all if you got a cat back it will have a resonator in it and will buzz better if you got a high flow cat or no cat.

Bought an NGK oxygen sensor just now. Hope that's the issue with my check engine light.

if it is the check light replace the cat with a after market high flow no cat will set a c.e.l. i for got to mention this.

Are you talking about the bottom of the rear, or the hatch wall where the ports unload? either way it would be nice to have. I just dont have the funds right now. Always the limiting factor... But it would quiet up my ride.

Are you talking about the bottom of the rear, or the hatch wall where the ports unload? either way it would be nice to have. I just dont have the funds right now. Always the limiting factor... But it would quiet up my ride.

i know aaron is talking about this guy right here. at sound deadener showdown. i recommended them to cause of their prices and sizes right now compared to what is on e bay the dyna liner. i bought a year ago for 15.88 + free shipping is now 50-60 bucks for smaller then what don charges for and don's is like 27 for his closed cell foam and and other rubbers. it just a matter of ethics right now when you get some cash i suggest you pick some up when you get a chance. also shop around or even ask around don is the best in the business.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

i know aaron is talking about this guy right here. at sound deadener showdown. i recommended them to cause of their prices and sizes right now compared to what is on e bay the dyna liner. i bought a year ago for 15.88 + free shipping is now 50-60 bucks for smaller then what don charges for and don's is like 27 for his closed cell foam and and other rubbers. it just a matter of ethics right now when you get some cash i suggest you pick some up when you get a chance. also shop around or even ask around don is the best in the business.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

I know. :) I've already done business with him.

Waiting for money in my PP acct. to transfer over to my bank account. AND its payday. So once this PP money gets into my acct. ill buy some components. Still thinking about the JBL ones i've posted. Unless Aaron comes through with some Bravox deals i can't pass up :D