Emery.H

Daily driven CRX

Think I blew a tweeter today. Was messing with the crossovers last nigh and ended up turning the tweeter to a lower frequency, along with the mid's hig lower. That wasn't a good idea i guess. Switched it back over today. Along with a little more power from some constant voltage it was trouble. Think I have another laying around here somewhere, just have to find it...

That's where I'm at today. Looking at a Sundown 3k on CACO ( :coolugh: ) for 550 pretty much brand new. Only thing holding me back is the reputation i've heard from the sellers there... What do you guys think? Who wants to buy a sundown 1500?! :doit:

As the average user on there is fairly young and/or inexperienced, there has just been a steady run of reported scams or at least steady lack of smarts when it comes to a transaction. There is an active one being discussed on SSA this moment.

Sound wise, what is your perspective on the difference? And output wise, (with out TL#'s) what do you think with respect to being a drop in?

It's hard to tell the difference because i've changed so much really. So I guess my terminology "direct drop it" doesn't really apply here. I have changed electrical output, changed wires, changed filter settings, and gains. They definitely have a different sound than the X series. I'm not sure if this is just from being louder and hearing more rattles, or a mix of that and still needing to tune.

One thing for sure, I know these can handle lows waaaayyyy better. I never really paid attention to how high I had the SSF set with the X series. Played with it yesterday and it was pretty crazy. Pretty sure that made the biggest difference. These subs can actually move! Makes them much more "musical". I still don't think I have enough good listen time to really get into these guy's performance yet. But I'll try my best to give a review when I do.

But, before I messed with the filter settings and minimal changes on the gain both Luie and I thought it was a bit louder. Now after messing with the filters I'm sure of it; easily louder! Really want to get a meter to test what I can do!

Edited by Emery.H

Can't wait to see the review. I know the X's are a killer value option, just was curious on the differences.

No doubt at all on the value of those subs! Going to give 2 to my brother and keep one for HT setup and the other may very well go in Elizabeth's car. Video uploading for the last hour... need to use a camera with better resolution next time. Was using my Galaxy for musis so i couldn't use it's nice camera. This gives some people a nice look at how much they move, i guess?

That poor car is getting shaken like crazy. I would highly suggest tinting that back window so things don't go *poof* in the night. ;)

That poor car is getting shaken like crazy. I would highly suggest tinting that back window so things don't go *poof* in the night. ;)

I know, and it's a horrible thing to procrastinate getting done, but it always seems to happen. :( I live in a pretty quiet part of town away from the main hustle and bustle, park where my car can't be seen, don't hang out with sketchy people. I would actually like to remove the crap tint i put on there and get it all professionaly done in ~15% rather than this 5. Can't see shit at night.

I know, and it's a horrible thing to procrastinate getting done, but it always seems to happen. :( I live in a pretty quiet part of town away from the main hustle and bustle, park where my car can't be seen, don't hang out with sketchy people. I would actually like to remove the crap tint i put on there and get it all professionaly done in ~15% rather than this 5. Can't see shit at night.

Don't use reverse? E-brake power slide.

fuck_yeah.jpg