Emery.H

Daily driven CRX

Just wanted to start an official build log for my car. The box build was over a while ago so i need to move conversation on over here about my build.

Ill start it off with some stuff i did the other day between classes.

Took a panel out. rattled too much.

put a lil extra deadener i had in place of it, between some other rattle traps as well. with the port unloading on the hatch, my tail lights rattle like crazy.

dscf2722.jpg

dscf2723h.jpg

dscf2724q.jpg

and for fun...

dscf2725.jpg

Oh, and i finally got my first cut from a rough edge on a CLD tile. moar blood!

List of what i want to do:

New Alt (got a new oem alt for now * had to *)

New batt.

redo all my terminals on my wires. I need to get a CRIMPER to do that though. (high priority)

tidy wiring up (work in progress)

More/better grounds (high priority)

cover my box with bed liner

wrap my false floor in the same material as my pods

reinforce my false floor. (pretty high priority)

Get new RCAs

Get a sundown 2.5, 3 or 3.5k, whichever i can find for the right price.

And all the while wait for the release of the Fcons. I want to be first in line for those. Should be a nice upgrade.

It's never ending, right? :rofl2:

i ordered 2 of these to replace the RCAs i have for my 100.4. i just dont like what i have now.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021803&p_id=5347&seq=1&format=2

Edited by Emery.H

the output im getting for the price i paid.. wow im super happy with them *laughs* oh yeah. def. glad i jumped on this deal. Hope i can get some more output when i get some Fcons **hint hint**

The only thing i question about them, the dust cap is soft. On my bl when i use one finger and put pressure on the dust cap, the whole cone moves. On the Xs the dust cap gives and i can push a dimple on them. they dont stay dimpled, i just noticed one day when i felt them to see if they were hot at all. i don't put much pressure on them, but it still gives a bit. is that just what it's made out of or what? is that a question for scott?

The only thing i question about them, the dust cap is soft. On my bl when i use one finger and put pressure on the dust cap, the whole cone moves. On the Xs the dust cap gives and i can push a dimple on them. they dont stay dimpled, i just noticed one day when i felt them to see if they were hot at all. i don't put much pressure on them, but it still gives a bit. is that just what it's made out of or what? is that a question for scott?

my ixl's do the same the dust cap does flex a bit but they hit damn hard harder then most big box store sub of the same cabiler and sound a hell of a lot better too. btw awesome install have you tryied to deaden the lights i bought 3/4 inch thick closed cell stick backed foam. from lowes or home depot for like 11.00 for 25 foot of it and pinched it between the tail light and the body. got to remove the lights to add the foam there sould be nut inside the car behind the lights. just do not over tighten the light bolts doing this cause it will crack the plastic lights. also the reason for the closed cell is it does not hold water like open cell foam anyways good luck on the project.

hey, ill have to check that out. i've never taken my lights out though. hope it's not too difficult. i need to do something bout that rattle lol

i believe im selling my BL and it's box on friday/this weekend. funds towards an alt... or should i get a battery first? ill post a video of my voltage at full tilt to show yall what's happening. maybe one will help more than the other first.

the output im getting for the price i paid.. wow im super happy with them *laughs* oh yeah. def. glad i jumped on this deal. Hope i can get some more output when i get some Fcons **hint hint**

The Fcon's are on hold for the time being, we are focusing on other models right now. The dust cap on the Fi X's are like that due to the design. They are light weight, made out of a pressed paper. If they get punched in, you can try a pencil (eraser first) up the pole vent to pop it back out if need be, but not positive on the diameter of the vent opening.

hey, ill have to check that out. i've never taken my lights out though. hope it's not too difficult. i need to do something bout that rattle lol

i believe im selling my BL and it's box on friday/this weekend. funds towards an alt... or should i get a battery first? ill post a video of my voltage at full tilt to show yall what's happening. maybe one will help more than the other first.

what motor and how much is that amp drawling cause a 250 amp alt mite work or even a batt alt combo with a batt isolator. i know there small motors like 1.3L or 1.6L or some hting like that but i need to know which one for this place. www.motorcityreman.com

you may have to e mail the guy to see what he has for the crx and your motor. he says to email if you got question on a car not listed i did that for my taurus.

Edited by bum

The Fcon's are on hold for the time being, we are focusing on other models right now. The dust cap on the Fi X's are like that due to the design. They are light weight, made out of a pressed paper. If they get punched in, you can try a pencil (eraser first) up the pole vent to pop it back out if need be, but not positive on the diameter of the vent opening.

I know they're on hold, and thats fine. no hurry :) thanks for the tip with the pencil!

what motor and how much is that amp drawling cause a 250 amp alt mite work or even a batt alt combo with a batt isolator. i know there small motors like 1.3L or 1.6L or some hting like that but i need to know which one for this place. www.motorcityreman.com

you may have to e mail the guy to see what he has for the crx and your motor. he says to email if you got question on a car not listed i did that for my taurus.

it's a 1.6l. right now im leaning towards a 180 amp. from DC power.

it's a 1.6l. right now im leaning towards a 180 amp. from DC power.

how many amps do you need it has about 120 spare amps for that alt what is your amp fuse input rating?

not sure, not set on which amp i want. something sundown in the 3k range so far.

then you need a battery bank with some thing like a battery isolator to seprate the set up from the cars system. along with the 180 amp alt see you want your car to start as soon as your batt is dead in the back and a isolator does this. it's a one way trickle charger. so it does not back feed and pull from the alt killing it. they sell them at motorcityreman.com and the rest is slecting it by amp hours read up on that part i could tell you how to do it but it's been a wile.

I know they're on hold, and thats fine. no hurry :) thanks for the tip with the pencil!

Trust me, I still want to build them as there is demand. But it is a flooded segment at the moment and being a smaller brand, we really need to have something at the top of the respective market segments to really make any waves. The Fcon, as it sits is damn good and I want to take it to production as is. With that said, (outside the Dcon), our customer base seems to really lean towards the higher power elite level sub woofers. Hence the reason to move forward on the Zcon and two other secret projects. ;)

Trust me, I still want to build them as there is demand. But it is a flooded segment at the moment and being a smaller brand, we really need to have something at the top of the respective market segments to really make any waves. The Fcon, as it sits is damn good and I want to take it to production as is. With that said, (outside the Dcon), our customer base seems to really lean towards the higher power elite level sub woofers. Hence the reason to move forward on the Zcon and two other secret projects. ;)

Well flip. let me in on some prototype models that you want to take to the build house! :doit:

more batteries the better ... :drink40:

yeah, but if your alt cant keep them at even their float voltage what good are they all? do you think i should get a battery first? Remember my alt is ~20 years old and only rated at 60 amps new. :(

Well flip. let me in on some prototype models that you want to take to the build house! :doit:

The other two projects, their prototypes are not fully complete yet.