Cablguy184

Events Listing for Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio

This is just a list to show where everybody wants to run in competition. There are 10 classes in USACI. Thanks ... :rockwoot:

Randal Johnson - 1997 Chevy Silverado

USACI - Primary - Modified SQ+.

USACI - Secondary - Super Modified Q.

Ill build it to sound good to me, put as much power in it as i can, and let them tell me where to go! Randall you know i dont build anything to match a class, i let the class come to me! (evil dr. frankenstien laugh inserted here!) Probably will end up in a pro ar expert class im sure.

Ill build it to sound good to me, put as much power in it as i can, and let them tell me where to go! Randall you know i dont build anything to match a class, i let the class come to me! (evil dr. frankenstien laugh inserted here!) Probably will end up in a pro ar expert class im sure.

Same for me Mike. My system is built for my enjoyment. Had that discussion with Ray Monday night at the shop. When and if I compete with it, the GN or truck will go in what ever class it fits in by that organization's rules. Isn't it funny that none of the organization's class rules are the same?

John

Given time and participation the classes will come to the participants. Remember when you had five classes for SQ with three or four groups for power in each? They did that so more people had a chance at competing. Now that participation is lower they have fewer breakdowns. I say build what makes you giggle and the trophy will follow.

I am working to do the same my 16 blues 10's on 2 linear power 4.1s in a wall will make me giggle all I can say is I will be loud and proud

We are going to require pictures, that way the rest of us can giggle. ;)

C,mon TJ(linearpower4.1)

You could go ahead and say it Your running in USCAI Super Modified SQ+ this year. We all know. :lol2:

When you going to post your build log ??

My philosophy and advice has always been build the system for the sound that makes you happy, in the end you are the one paying for it, driving it, and having to listen to it all the time, not a judge that may or may not like the same sound as you and that may only hear it for a total of 5 minutes in his entire life(and is going to judge it on that 5 minutes of listening). As far as the contests, they change rules all the time so how do you plan for that. Just make it the best you can and for what you like, screw everything else.

Choose the classs that matches what you built, don't build to match a class, it will probably change if you do.

Edited by Linear Power

I agree 100%. This thread was only intended to find out the different classes for this USACI competition season. I personally ENJOY driving White Lightning every where I can. And occasionally run through a competition lane or two. It needs to be parked and restored, but I just don't have that liberty yet.

I considered buying a 1st place trophy for Intro SQ+ this weekend. I was going to have my wife go home and get her Volvo With the stock stereo. All stock placement. Perfect installation and oem integration. Would have been the best sounding car in that class at the show. :)

Ok it would have been the only car in that class.

I don't think we'll have anyone in intro or extreme. But we should have a lot of trucks in mod/super.

I considered buying a 1st place trophy for Intro SQ+ this weekend. I was going to have my wife go home and get her Volvo With the stock stereo. All stock placement. Perfect installation and oem integration. Would have been the best sounding car in that class at the show. :)

Ok it would have been the only car in that class.

I don't think we'll have anyone in intro or extreme. But we should have a lot of trucks in mod/super.

That would have been great. :)

I think there should be an Omnibus Class, if you will. A contest based on a sonic comp and a road race. Similar idea to the bass anglers (fishermen) competitions. Who wants to play? :rockwoot:

I think there should be an Omnibus Class, if you will. A contest based on a sonic comp and a road race. Similar idea to the bass anglers (fishermen) competitions. Who wants to play? :rockwoot:

Once I get springs and audio in my little car, I will be all for it. :)

A little white Mustang comes to my mind.....Ray, want to come play?? :peepwall:

I don't think many people would be too appreciative of that little white Mustang if they pulled up beside it. It needs some work, it idles really rough and has a whine like an alternator bearing going bad, but what can you expect from a near antique. It has a really bad miss at idle and is still there upto around 2800 RPMs, maybe someone can help me get it running better. Oh, and I have a hell of a time keeping mufflers on it, they all seem to break.

I guess I will have to call Steve Saleen and Jack Roush about it, since they are the ones that made the engine miss and whine!

:lol:

Maybe start a thread about the Mustang. Would love to know more about the car.

I agree, if you can, make a topic in the automotive section, we love the car side of car audio here too. :)

I have not had any luck trying to find the magazine article on the "little white Mustang" on the interwebz. Ray may have to scan it. What do we have to rebuild/restore this time? As far as "breaking mufflers", I've told you I think you need a bigger exhaust system on it, too much back pressure based on the boost pressure.

I have not had any luck trying to find the magazine article on the "little white Mustang" on the interwebz. Ray may have to scan it. What do we have to rebuild/restore this time? As far as "breaking mufflers", I've told you I think you need a bigger exhaust system on it, too much back pressure based on the boost pressure.

It has as big of an exhaust pipe as I can put under it, its 3.25 inlet/outlets, you run thru the gears one time and it blows the baffles out of them, and Ireally don't wantto go to a loud ass muffler like the Flowmasters. Just face it, the engine was never designed to have a muffler behind it or for the street. It has 650+ rear whell BHP and over 800 at the flywheel, with 15 pounds of boost on it. It will do around 210 mph topend..

6appeal,

Maybe you could come by and get a few pictures of past vehicles I have had and post them, I don;t really have the time. I have the brochure on the Astro van, some pics of the Black Mustang, and several articles on the BreadTruck and maybe something on the Lightning too.