Cablguy184

Cablguy184's 1997 Chevy Silverado

Time to get low?

Get low get low, to the window, to the wall

Absolutely !!!

New paint looks much better!

Thank you Sir !!!

Getting lower, will really set the LEDs and rims off. Look forward to seeing everything installed!

Well ... here it is guys !!! 4" front and 6" rear ...

We need to trim the finderwells, install a "C" notch, replace the front tires, and get a front end alignment ...

But for the most part ... She rides great !!! for a Low Rider ... LOL

I know, these pics were taken a night. Mainly because we just finished her up before I had to get to work ...

image_url-43297-1379054853.jpg

image_url-43297-1379054909.jpg

image_url-43297-1379054971.jpg

image_url-43297-1379055035.jpg

I know, I realy didn't want to go THAT low ... but screw it, you only live once ... I plan to have fun with it !!!

dang 4/6 drop the piss out of it. i was thinkin a 2/4 drop on 22s..give it a racy look

Yea, she's a little lower than expected ... But I like it

No thank you ... Nothing larger than a 20

Rollpan before paint would have been nice.

No thank you ... The bolt on's never bolt on correctly and look like shit when they start to sag and its too much work to fiberglass / body work it all in ... Then I loose the spare tire area to rebuild the hitch to go into the tag area ... Those things are just too much sugar for a dime ...

... And I speak from personal experience with my black '91 chevy

How long before you lose the front air dam to a speed bump or big dip in the road? LOL Looks good, now get out the wheel polish.

Getting that lazy @$$ to polish those wheels is a goal I've long been working towards.......he opportunistically "forgets" :P

It's not quite that low in the front, he can clear speed bumps fine along with dips in the road. When sitting still, it's atleast 6" off the ground. Still gotta get keith to do the notch, one of these days lol.

How about a daylight photo? ;)

Here you go brother ...

image_url-43297-1379395584.jpg

Looks good, now get out the wheel polish.

Getting that lazy @$$ to polish those wheels is a goal I've long been working towards.......he opportunistically "forgets" :P

Ha Ha ...

How long before you lose the front air dam to a speed bump or big dip in the road?

How long before you lose the front air dam to a speed bump or big dip in the road?

It's not quite that low in the front, he can clear speed bumps fine along with dips in the road. When sitting still, it's atleast 6" off the ground. Still gotta get keith to do the notch, one of these days lol.

Having a chance to drive a few low riders in my day, there should be no problems keeping that front air dam on the truck ... However, no telling whats going to happen when my wife and kids have to drive it ...

Oh, didja get around to checking if those front air shocks were on that other truck? I've also solved the issue of my drop setup. Buddy of mine hooked me up with (4) 2500lb bags to put on the rear, I think 2 will do just fine though, even after the system is set in. Also got a few compressors and tanks, so if need be, I can run a tether off the tanks to fill you up :P

Oh, didja get around to checking if those front air shocks were on that other truck?

Everything on that truck at dad's is stock ... Those air bags I told you about came off of another GMT400. I will get my hands on those as soon as possible to see what we have to work with and if I can use them on my truck. Dad said that he took them off of the front of that truck and wasn't sure (couldn't remember) if they replaced the coil springs and shocks of just the shocks ...

I've also solved the issue of my drop setup. Buddy of mine hooked me up with (4) 2500lb bags to put on the rear, I think 2 will do just fine though, even after the system is set in. Also got a few compressors and tanks, so if need be, I can run a tether off the tanks to fill you up :P

Nice ... can't wait to see all of these toys we have to play with ...

guess you just need to bring that green truck to my house so we can get some work done to it ...

Oh, didja get around to checking if those front air shocks were on that other truck?

Everything on that truck at dad's is stock ... Those air bags I told you about came off of another GMT400. I will get my hands on those as soon as possible to see what we have to work with and if I can use them on my truck. Dad said that he took them off of the front of that truck and wasn't sure (couldn't remember) if they replaced the coil springs and shocks of just the shocks ...

I've also solved the issue of my drop setup. Buddy of mine hooked me up with (4) 2500lb bags to put on the rear, I think 2 will do just fine though, even after the system is set in. Also got a few compressors and tanks, so if need be, I can run a tether off the tanks to fill you up :P

Nice ... can't wait to see all of these toys we have to play with ...

guess you just need to bring that green truck to my house so we can get some work done to it ...

I really needa get my car hauler fixed so I'm not constantly adding and removing insurance from that truck.

I could drop the 49 off of my trailer and go get it when we get the C notch done ...

That will definitely work! If I get my car hauler fixed(been sitting in bushes for over a decade; at the least needa repack bearings), we'll have 2 choices for hauling stuff. Mine's a low boy hauler, made for hauling stock cars.

Edited by HyPer

I really needa get my car hauler fixed so I'm not constantly adding and removing insurance from that truck.

At the moment, I pay insurance on 3 vehicles (soon to be 4) ... whats wrong with keeping the green truck updated so we can drive it ???

You better check with your insurance company on the trailer. MS requires trailers like yours to be registered/tagged, but does not mandate trailer insurance on non-commercial. Laws vary by state, but in most cases you'll find that your trailer is covered under your vehicle's liability insurance policy. If you cannot find trailer protection listed under your current policy, you should be able to obtain coverage as an add-on to your car's existing insurance plan. For help with this, contact your insurance agent. If you're worried about vandalism, theft, or even having a tree topple over on to your trailer, you may want to consider taking out a separate comprehensive policy for the trailer. Trailer insurance is pretty cheap. Depending on trailer type and use, it's not uncommon to find trailer insurance for under $75.

You better check with your insurance company on the trailer. MS requires trailers like yours to be registered/tagged, but does not mandate trailer insurance on non-commercial. Laws vary by state, but in most cases you'll find that your trailer is covered under your vehicle's liability insurance policy. If you cannot find trailer protection listed under your current policy, you should be able to obtain coverage as an add-on to your car's existing insurance plan. For help with this, contact your insurance agent. If you're worried about vandalism, theft, or even having a tree topple over on to your trailer, you may want to consider taking out a separate comprehensive policy for the trailer. Trailer insurance is pretty cheap. Depending on trailer type and use, it's not uncommon to find trailer insurance for under $75.

Thanks, didn't know about that! Yeah I'll have to go get it tagged.....somehow. Do you still just take the trailer's serial numbers to the DOT to get it registered?

At the moment, I pay insurance on 3 vehicles (soon to be 4) ... whats wrong with keeping the green truck updated so we can drive it ???

Because last I had insurance on it, it ran me $115/month for liability alone.