Was thinking for the CA-F members, we could start a running work out topic. I am in the gym at least 3 evenings a week, but I know I will never be in the condition I was in when I was training, or personal training or during college. Since August I have stepped it up some. So is anyone else actively working out?

I am doing about 25 mins of cardio and 35 mins of weights per work out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

i use to lift weights in high school and have got back into it lately between walking the dogs a mile and a 1/4 every night and using the home weights. i got a weider bench and and 2 sets of 110lbs steel plates curl bench press and the small bar for get what there called. also got tread mill, rowing machine, and a bike. most of my stuff is in the weight bench with with military bench press curls for the triceps sit ups forearm curls most of what i have been doing lately is just toning. were i will use a little weight just for resistance to build muscle.

I need to get back into working out. I've gained almost 20 lbs since I started college back in August! I used to be 175, now I'm damn near 190-195. I don't want to be at this weight, but it's difficult finding time to get into the gym. I'm thinking I'll just start doing some small stuff here at the house, and using my Wii Fit when I can till I can start hitting the gym

I'm swimming twice a week and playing volleyball twice a week. Once the snow melts and it starts to get a bit warmer I'm starting my running again. Once I'm home from college I will start lifting again. (I hate my school gym.)

i use to lift weights in high school and have got back into it lately between walking the dogs a mile and a 1/4 every night and using the home weights. i got a weider bench and and 2 sets of 110lbs steel plates curl bench press and the small bar for get what there called. also got tread mill, rowing machine, and a bike. most of my stuff is in the weight bench with with military bench press curls for the triceps sit ups forearm curls most of what i have been doing lately is just toning. were i will use a little weight just for resistance to build muscle.

That is a nice collection of equipment. At the moment we just have an elliptical machine. It is a little worse for wear, but it gets it done.

I need to get back into working out. I've gained almost 20 lbs since I started college back in August! I used to be 175, now I'm damn near 190-195. I don't want to be at this weight, but it's difficult finding time to get into the gym. I'm thinking I'll just start doing some small stuff here at the house, and using my Wii Fit when I can till I can start hitting the gym

It used to be called the freshmen 15lbs in college. But people usually put on more then that. But like you started to say, start with something small that you can get into a rhythm with and use the Wii Fit. My wife has told me about a few people that have lost weight playing the Wii.

After college, I made the most progress when I was on a contract job and there was a nice little gym on the campus that I was able to walk over during lunch of work out on my lunch hour.

I was in the best shape of my life the summer after I graduated high school. I had nothing to do all day, as I worked nights, so ALL I did was workout. Hopefully I can get in that shape again come spring/summer.

yep just got back from walking the dog with my sister 1-1/4 miles around our sub any ways who up to what i may hit the weight later too depending how i feel lol

The summer after my 2nd year of college I started a regular MWF workout. In just the first month I went from 150 to 160. At 5'10" its still pretty skinny but I felt good. I did Leg press, calf extension, Incline dumbbell, preacher curl, tricep pull own and lateral pull down.

My workout was Monday: 4 sets of 5 with all the weight I can handle. Wednesday was middle weight, 3 sets of 10, Friday medium light 2 sets of 15. All used enough weight to stress myself to get the last rep of each set in.

I impressed myself the most on the lateral pull down and leg press. On the Lateral, I started at like 68lbs and ending on 180 on M, 172 on W, 156 on F. Leg press- started at 225lbs, ended with 495lbs on M, 405 on W, 315lbs on F.

I kept going for another year and used the really nice college gym but stopped when the summer started because my gym buddy went to another gym. All the while I was at 10+ burgers a week, maybe 10 oz of water a month, a 2 liter of Mt dew a day and a lot of beer every weekend. When the next semester started, I moved up to 2-3 hamburgers a day (no lie) and lost weight to 145. a year and a half later Im the same weight, down to maybe 5 hamburgers a week and wishing I had time and a buddy to regularly go to the gym with.

Just getting there is the hardest part. ;)

These last few weeks I have really been pushing harder then normal, and I really miss doing the heavy weights. The last 2 years have mostly be focusing on leaning down and fitness, but I just love to get in there and really lift it. :)

I think either Tuesday or Thursday after work, I'm going to head out to the gym. I need some longer shorts though. The ones I have rest right above my knee, and that's all fine and dandy for when I'm playing Wii Fit, but I hate wearing them in public

Don't let the shorts stop you from getting to the gym. :)

I was not able to work out since Thursday due to my wifes birthday weekend and the super bowl, then tonight I had my son home all night while the wife was at her monthly board meeting.

I've started on slowly phasing soda out of my diet. For every soda I drink, I'm drinking an equal or greater amount of water after it. Since I started this a couple of days ago, I've noticed that I'm actually drinking more water than soda. No idea why...

That is great to hear. :) We have almost fully replaced all red meat with Turkey in my house.

I did a killer chest work out yesterday. Feeling it a little today. :)

Did 30min at about 85% intensity on the elliptical followed up by one of the heaviest back workouts I have done in about 4 years. I am feeling it today for sure.

i'm down 20lbs since Jan. 1st. Getting into a little bit of weights. I think I should have you teach me the basics of lifting, since i've forgotten most of them...

i'm down 20lbs since Jan. 1st. Getting into a little bit of weights. I think I should have you teach me the basics of lifting, since i've forgotten most of them...

Well if this silly speaker business started to pay, then I could leave my day job and go back to personal training on the side. ;)

Well, hitting the gym after work was a flop, considering I didn't get any new shorts, haha! But I did pick up a hefty cold, so that's holding me back too. I'm trying to get better, which involves me taking 2 dayquil 3 times a day, with a tall glass of orange juice. Haha!

Did a kick butt shoulder workout this evening. Said screw it and went up to 585 on shrugs. That is my comfort limit without a belt. Got no cardio in as every machine I wanted to use was in-use and did not want to continue to wait. :(