gprestonmoto

Blues Subwoofers

I'm just trying to get some insight into the Blues subwoofers. I asked a simple enclosure design question over on SSA and shit went ALL kinds of sideways to the point of any information being unusable. I modeled the BL10's and they seem to be solid performers for sure. However they seem to perform MUCH better with 2.16 cubes @ 31Hz. Credit where it's due though, the iso-kit is such a gangster, you can run a happy little 31Hz tune in only 1.08 cu ft. I don't have any change in low end extension on the iso's though. Granted using half the airspace is fantastic, but seems like I could run 4 of them normally and have some very clean and strong output.

I have ran 2 BL10's (new version) in 1.35 gross (each) before the port tuned to 24hz and they did well.

You will get more control, and less required airspace with the ISO-KIT. I have never been able to talk myself into the ISO-KIT because of the cost, combined with no cone area increase. Basically, I see it as double the price for a little more control.

I believe Blues is claiming that the BL10 will do well in 1.0 cube net ported as well.

Edited by smoothfidelity
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They seem to perform fine in that amount of airspace and tuning, but the roll off doesn't thrill me.

In the screenshot below, the blue and yellow curves are a single BL10 tuned to ~31Hz, and an iso kit tuned at ~31Hz, the difference is nearly unnoticable, and 1 cu ft @ 24 Hz is pink.

BluesBL-10.png

Edited by gprestonmoto

I really like Linear Power and Blues. If one of their products doesn't meet my goals it's not because I think there is anything wrong with them. So far, the amplifiers have exceeded my expectations, and the BL-8's seem to be a perfect fit for my build for midbass.

Edited by gprestonmoto

Your program does not account for cabin gain, and real world experience trumps a computer program any day.

What was your question again? If you put more worth in that program then I don't think this thread even needed to exist.

• Upvote 1

6APPEAL    31

I believe Blues is claiming that the BL10 will do well in 1.0 cube net ported as well.

The BL10 in my truck is in 1 cu ft (after port and woofer), tuned to 27hz. I would have tuned lower (~24) but ran out of depth for port. I agree on cabin gain, it adds a ton of low end that just did not show up in any of the software programs. Sit in the back seat and you would swear there is way more than one BL10 in the truck.

i have a single iso-8 in my car tuned to 24hz i have absolutely no problem with lower end extension and have suprised TONS of people when i tell them what it actually is.

SQ Audio    32

i have the bl 10" in about .4 net sealed, low passed at 30 Hz.... its great...but i know i am doing it an injustice since it is amazingly great at playing upper bass frequencies also.

Cablguy184    49

My truck will be missing it's sub bass for a while ... No worries though, My door drivers (6.5") doesn't seem to mind picking up the slack ...

Cablguy184    49

i have the bl 10" in about .4 net sealed, low passed at 30 Hz.... its great...but i know i am doing it an injustice since it is amazingly great at playing upper bass frequencies also.

You ever get this set up on a Linear Power amplifier ???

No worries though, My door drivers (6.5") doesn't seem to mind picking up the slack ...

This is giving me some crazy ideas ...

Hint: Someone got their welding skills sharpened while working on the air ride ...

SQ Audio    32

You ever get this set up on a Linear Power amplifier ???

No worries though, My door drivers (6.5") doesn't seem to mind picking up the slack ...

This is giving me some crazy ideas ...

Hint: Someone got their welding skills sharpened while working on the air ride ...

Nope. I will be picking up a LP 2150 at SBN 2014 for this...