Kingstroker

Can I Bridge My Lp 4753Iq?

I would like to run it 2 channels stereo. Would like to run it into the front comps and remove my rears so I can put most of my truck back together.

in the last part of the introduction paragraph it talks about bridging and 6 ch operation but I need pictures to understand it.

Just touch your speaker wire to the two outside connections, and then to the two middle connections. One of them should be the bridged output. It will be quite a bit louder than normal so you will know when you have it. It isn't going to hurt anything.

Make sure you change the internal taps to the 2 ohm setting if your bridged load will be 4 ohms.

You have to run an 8 ohm bridged load along with a 4 ohm stereo load with the power supply set to 2 ohms to run mixed/mono (stereo and mono) at the same time.

Of course if you are running the other two channels 4 ohm stereo, their output will be reduced some by running the amp with the 2 ohm taps.

You would also have to wire a passive crossover ( inductor coil) into the speaker wires going from the amp to the sub to crossover the low output which eats up power also and causes a phase shift. You cannot use the internal electronic crossover set for low pass if you want to play stereo full range off the same channels at the same time.

It's much better to just run the amp using the internal active crossover and use one half the amp (2 channels) for the sub and the other two channels for full range speakers.

When bridging an 8 ohm load and running 4 ohm stereo simultaneously on the same two channels that is the same as a 2 ohm load per channel. This is why the amp has to be in the 2 ohm taps.

just wanting to run one set of 4 ohm comp from a 4 channel

You are wanting to run it actively, one half (2 channels) to tweeters and the other half to woofers? You have a two way component set?

was wanting to go passive, so I guess I'll open up my 80prs manual to see how/if I can do it active. Waiting on my Iso ring before I start my console chambered woofers.

was wanting to go passive, so I guess I'll open up my 80prs manual to see how/if I can do it active. Waiting on my Iso ring before I start my console chambered woofers.

You can run two channels bridged using the internal crossover switch and the other two channels in 4 ohm stereo. If the bridged channel has a 4 ohm mono load on it, the power supply has to be set to 2 ohm setting. This allows the amp to work properly bridged into this load but it will reduce the power to the full range channels some. All this should be in the manual.

Edited by Linear Power

I guess I could use the 2202 I just got modded after I paint it. :sigh: I gotta take the 4753 out to paint it anyway.