Kingstroker

Older(90's) Blues 8" 4Ohm Speaker Specs

9 posts in this topic

Are these published anywhere? I'm building a mix matched 3 way with blues 8" Iso-Kit( will be running these at 8ohms), Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" and SEAS Neos 1".

I have my ISO-Kit spec sheets in my storage room. But I'm nowhere near the house atm ...

I have my ISO-Kit spec sheets in my storage room. But I'm nowhere near the house atm ...

Thanks Randal, when ever you get time will be fine. Just got my modded amp back from Ray and he'll be sending me an Iso tube for my speakers. I'm in the design stage and trying to decide what I want in my console/enclosure.

I can try to dig those specs up on the old 4 ohm 8's.The ISO-KIT specs are not going to help, that was for two 8 ohm 8's and would not be the same due to the impedance, and also would not measure the same as two 8 inch speakers tested separately.

Edited by Linear Power

I can try to dig those specs up on the old 4 ohm 8'a. The ISO-KIT specs are not going to help, that was for two 8 ohm 8's and would not be the same due to the impedance, and also would not measure the same ad two 8 inch speakers tested separately.

Thanks. Would enclosure size be the same? I would like to mount the kit with only the back speaker inside the baffle, tube extending out.

The enclosure volume for the ISO-KIT is roughly half the volume of one standard woofer. The enclosure volume is AFTER the displacement of the woofer and any port. A ISO-KIT 8 takes up .18 CF if the complete unit is in the enclosure. If only the rear woofer is mounted in the enclosure, the displacement would only be around .05 CF. hardly worth adding it to the calculations.

The older woofers (from the late 1980's or early 90's) have a higher Fs and a larger enclosure requirement than the new speakers do. The new ISO-KIT 8 will work in as low as .35 CF, we recommend .5 CF as a good compromise. The older ISO KIT 8 will need a minimum of about .55 and a recommended enclosure of ,65 to .75 CF. The larger enclosure volume will help increase low frequency output and offset the higher Fs of the driver.

Edited by Linear Power

Thanks, great info

Thanks, great info

I'm glad Ray chimed in to help you out Sir ... My apologies bro

My ISO-Kit boxes are packed in so tight in my storage room ... it would take me a month of Sundays to get them out ...

The other day one of my 4 ohm 8's gave out. Are they rebuildable? Will new voice coils/cones fit? I would like to go with 8 ohm is this possible? Have them in an ISO mount. This number is stamped on the underside of the cone:

20-0845-003