Aaron Clinton

Diesel Section For Our Diesel Guys!

6APPEAL    31

I'll blow some black smoke on ya if you ride my azz. 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB (Crew cab, short box) DMAX here. I'll have to put up a pic or 2.

• Upvote 1

I'll blow some black smoke on ya if you ride my azz. 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB (Crew cab, short box) DMAX here. I'll have to put up a pic or 2.

Heck yeah man, get some pics of that big thing on here. You have a "real truck". :)

Kingstroker    7

gotta watch them new bowties, they will sneak up on ya

Heck yeah man, get some pics of that big thing on here. You have a "real truck". :)

Don't hold your breath. He has been asked to post pics for the past few years.

6APPEAL    31

There is fixin' to be a total system tearout so the body work can be done to repair the hail damage. I never took that many pics during the build, so I guess I need to get off my azz and take pics when I put it back in.

How about the system? This is an audio forum.

....and automotive too. ;)

Cablguy184    49

There is fixin' to be a total system tearout so the body work can be done to repair the hail damage. I never took that many pics during the build, so I guess I need to get off my azz and take pics when I put it back in.

Waiting on my insurance money so I can get back to work on my truck (non diesel), and get refunded for the money I put into it so far so I can get the parts I need to get my 49 ford on the road (non diesel too) ...

I've been kicking around the idea of swapping a 4-53 t Detroit Diesel in my 49 Pontiac. If I do it'll save me a fortune in stereo equipment.

Well this was my dually! 06 Ford F-350 Cummins/Allison swapped with upgraded turbo/intercooler, tuner, full 5" exhaust, Banks intake, 22.5" Alcoas, full king ranch interior. The audio was basic single 10" Onyx, 5x7 Arc Audio on the back doors and 6.5" Arc Audio comps up front powered by an Arc 5-ch and an Alpine IVA W505 7" double din. Nothing special as it was just my tow pig.

384259_4727091815189_430478711_n.jpg

397227_4686679204899_2002320002_n.jpg

and the sinister night shot!!

603177_4648881219973_1677756181_n.jpg

It had roughly 560hp and 940ft lbs torque.

• Upvote 1

Kingstroker    7

Real nice! Love the paint.

6APPEAL    31

I've read on several forums that the best mix for the HD trucks would be the Ford chassis, Allison trans and Cummins motor. I always wondered how much that would cost. Sharp looking truck, but I saw the word "was" mentioned?

I've been looking at new GMC or Dodge 2500/3500 trucks, but my wife keeps me in check by reminding me mine is paid for and going to have fresh paint on it in a few weeks. The prices are keeping me in check also, $60k to $80k sticker for the truck I want. No thanks.

gbodynation    10

Well this was my dually! 06 Ford F-350 Cummins/Allison swapped with upgraded turbo/intercooler, tuner, full 5" exhaust, Banks intake, 22.5" Alcoas, full king ranch interior. The audio was basic single 10" Onyx, 5x7 Arc Audio on the back doors and 6.5" Arc Audio comps up front powered by an Arc 5-ch and an Alpine IVA W505 7" double din. Nothing special as it was just my tow pig.

384259_4727091815189_430478711_n.jpg

397227_4686679204899_2002320002_n.jpg

and the sinister night shot!!

603177_4648881219973_1677756181_n.jpg

It had roughly 560hp and 940ft lbs torque.

holy sh*t

Yeah....We parted ways about 2 months ago after a 5 year relationship lol.

The overall cost for the conversion was about 3500 for the engine, 2000 for the trans (rebuilt) 250 for the bellhousing to mate the two. I made the motor mounts and trans mount 200 for the forged driveshaft (friends with owner) then 250 to piggy back the computer from the cummins to the allison. Then a couple grand for performance.

All in all I had roughly 10-12k in the conversion and performance.

The front clip is off a Harley Davidson F-250 so its got the smoked front. The paint is DuPont Hot hues hot rod black single stage. It wont chalk up or fade. All the trim and wheels were painted glossy trim black. Plus this truck was totalled when I bought it, no front clip no engine/trans and no interior.

Price list!!

engine/performance- 10-12k

body/paint- 6k

interior- 4500

audio- 1200

everything is an estimate price wise but roughly 23k to build what you see and I sold it for 32k.

everything was professionally installed and all body/paint/interior/ sound was done by me.

I had a shop quote me at 9500 for just body n paint!

I towed a 45' gooseneck with this truck. We usually had 2 race cars 2 pit bikes my golf cart, grill and my smaller toolbox. I towed a track hoe once and that was a chore. but that was also a 60,000lb machine on a high strength flat bed gooseneck. I had semi "helper" bags to help with weight transfer and sag.

Thanks Randall...I certainly miss the beast, but no use for it and its a pain to try and drive daily. Not to mention its too big to park in the back lot at work.

Im also in process of buying another house as my last one was deemed unsafe to live due to bad foundation, so this helps with money down

Kingstroker    7

Got forced into a DIY performance upgrade when my oil cooler went out, welded up the egr, upgrade oil cooler, upgraded fuel pressure regulator, High pressure oil pump stc fitting standpipes and dummy plugs, rebuilt turbo, added coolant filter system and a SCT tuner. Scared me the first time I put the hammer down. also went fully synthetic on lubricants. I'm about half way through it and I'm sore as hell.

Kingstroker    7

Got forced into a DIY performance upgrade when my oil cooler went out, welded up the egr, upgrade oil cooler, upgraded fuel pressure regulator, High pressure oil pump stc fitting standpipes and dummy plugs, rebuilt turbo, added coolant filter system and a SCT tuner. Scared me the first time I put the hammer down. also went fully synthetic on lubricants. I'm about half way through it and I'm sore as hell.

Finally got done a few days ago. Also upgraded the turbo feed and drain tubes. I thought I messed something up when I couldn't get any boost out of the turbo. Turns out you must hook the MAP sensor vacuum hose or the turbo just lays there a does absolutely nothing but drive you crazy. The "street" SCT tune will smoke the tires for about 50' but I haven't actually floored it. Now I need new tires. Best piece of advice I can offer is get about 3 or 4 closed cell foam pads used to put underneath your seeping bag and tape them together to lay over the radiator/grill area. Spent a lot of my time either up on my knees or laying completely across the front with both my hands on the back of the engine. Oh, and can't forget swivel ratchet wrenches, magnetic and claw grabbers. Can't do without the last 2.