Joshua Sharp

Teamcapri 1992 Mercury Capri Xr2

Yes, the dashmat absorbs sound that would normally reflect off the hard dash plastic. These out of phase reflections muddy the stage and imaging.

I am asking, as for my case, the drivers are on the a-pillars up and away from the dash so I can't imagine too much reflections with them.

I saw several vehicles with pods on the pillars in Texas and most, if not all, used a mat of some sort. All of them said the same thing about reflections and the mat helped in their opinion.

I know in the civic I'm building, we only have tweeters in the factory location on the pillar, but placing a simple towel on the dash made a huge difference in the image focus. Made the image much tighter IMHO.

Try a towel and see if you notice a difference. If so, then you would know for sure. Let us know what you find out!

Thanks Richard, I will give it a try. If it is a noticeable difference, I will see if one is made for my car. Sorry to take this topic off track.

SQ_MGB    16

Yes, the dashmat absorbs sound that would normally reflect off the hard dash plastic. These out of phase reflections muddy the stage and imaging.

I am asking, as for my case, the drivers are on the a-pillars up and away from the dash so I can't imagine too much reflections with them.

I saw several vehicles with pods on the pillars in Texas and most, if not all, used a mat of some sort. All of them said the same thing about reflections and the mat helped in their opinion.

I know in the civic I'm building, we only have tweeters in the factory location on the pillar, but placing a simple towel on the dash made a huge difference in the image focus. Made the image much tighter IMHO.

Try a towel and see if you notice a difference. If so, then you would know for sure. Let us know what you find out!

Thanks Richard, I will give it a try. If it is a noticeable difference, I will see if one is made for my car. Sorry to take this topic off track.

Anytime. Glad to share. I've learned a lot by listening to other vehicles at the shows and seeing what others do to tackle the problems inherent in car audio with the listening space. Every little bit helps! Can't wait to see what you find out!