Cablguy184

Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

164 posts in this topic

and the Master cylinder. However ... the Master Cylinder may be OK, just need to take it off the car, clean it up, and really see what is going on with it.

Got the Master Cylinder Rebuilt !!! Now to get it reinstalled back into the Car ...

... and trying to order a new cable for my Emergency Brakes ...

took these just before winter ... This car is FUN to Drive !!!

image_url-43297-1391667767.jpg

image_url-43297-1391667724.jpg

image_url-43297-1391667644.jpg

Looks like you need rockers and some patch panels for the front fenders behind the wheels. Lower quarters don't look bad, but the screwdriver test could determine that.

Grundy insurance.

For more info ask Eric or talk to the agent at our car show.

Looks like you need rockers and some patch panels for the front fenders behind the wheels. Lower quarters don't look bad, but the screwdriver test could determine that.

Yea, I can order replacement panels for most of that ... Most of it is just gonna have alot of old fashioned body work done to it ...

But it's all good ...

Grundy insurance.

For more info ask Eric or talk to the agent at our car show.

Thank you Sir ... Yea, I plan to be there ...

and the Master cylinder. However ... the Master Cylinder may be OK, just need to take it off the car, clean it up, and really see what is going on with it.

Got the Master Cylinder Rebuilt !!! Now to get it reinstalled back into the Car ...

... and trying to order a new cable for my Emergency Brakes ...

With the way this car is set up ... I had to take the brake and clutch assembly completely apart to get the master cylinder out ...

I hope (when the weather clears up) that I can remember how to put it all back together ... I'm thinking that I have only one wheel cylinder leaking that should not be a problem to take back apart and repair ...

Finally !!! Finally !!! Finally !!! Some great weather this weekend !!! ... And no major "Honey Do" things planned !!!

Should be able to get my Brakes back together this weekend, Build me a battery bank enclosure for the trunk, and run some cable !!!

I am SO ready to get some work done to this car !!! This car is the ONLY plans I have for this weekend !!!

Also ... Thinking seriously about taking the entire front cap off and get them ready to go to my dad's shop for body work ...

I'm thinking that the radiator supports are connected to the frame and not the front cap like most cars ... may can temp fab something up to make it work ...

I want the front cap and door's body work done and primer'd in before it's first event ...

Weather has been nutz lately ... But I am working towards getting my car ready to get in the body shop ...

Rerouted all of my battery cables off of the fender wells so I can manuver the car around without the front cap installed ...

Battery bank is being build and relocated somewhere in the back of the car ...

Good luck, not good enough weather here yet to do much of anything yet.

Body Shop this weekend !!!

Good luck, not good enough weather here yet to do much of anything yet.

I hope the weather is nice this weekend. ALOT of work to do !!!

Well this past weekend did not go quite as planned.

There was going to be 4 people (not counting me and my dad) running sanders. Well, it ended up with 3 counting me.

So insted to taking stuff off of the car like I planned, we just sanded our asses off all day Saturday and half of Sunday.

We got just about the entire car down to bare metal.

Some unsuspected things (not with the car) happened and we did not get a chance to get started on actual body work.

So all that got done was sanding all of the surface rust off of the vehicle and applying a fresh coat of Primer.

In all, A VERY productive weekend on the ole Car !!!

image_url-43297-1398711652.jpg

image_url-43297-1398711678.jpg

image_url-43297-1398711698.jpg

Now with the surface rust all gone and a fresh coat of "this is gonna show EVERY imperfection on the vehicle" primer applied, we can now focus on what actually needs to be repaired and/or replaced. Basically now the body work begins !!!

Bout the only MAJOR wwork that needs to be done is "waist down" so to speak. Rock pannels, lower fenders, ect.

Top half of the car is in great shape !!! Thank God !!!

I'm on call this comming up weekend and it's mother's day / the Wife's Birthday the next weekend. So it will be 3 weekends before I can get the Car back into the Body Shop. But I do have some other things That I can do to the inside of the vehicle until then.

Yes, We will have to replace the rocker pannels and lower front fender pannels. Rear Quarters seem to be OK, just need some good old fashioned body work done ... I'm working on it.

Parts list for the next work weekend :

Bondo / Fiberglass Resin / Primer / Laquer Thinner / Sand Paper

This (for the most part) is what I need just for the top half of the car.

Parts to order from Shoebox Central:

Lower Front fender section - Left and Right

Rocker Panel - Left and Right

Lower Door Repair Kit - Left and Right

There's more, but should do for now. Don't suppose anyone around here knows where I can find a few money trees to plant ???

Got some more body work done this weekend, and hopefully will get sone work done this comming up weekend.

I will try and post pics when i can.

Then I will be needing to get up with Thunder39208 about getting started on interior pannels.

Then sometime getting up with Mike from Hyper Lights and Sammie (a local friend that builds Air Ride vehicles) about working on the Air Ride ...