Cablguy184

Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Cablguy184    49

Aaaaany updates you might have forgotten to upload :)??

No, just working on the wiring harness. Got a few pics to post, but nothing special ...

I need to order some parts ...

gbodynation    10

Aaaaany updates you might have forgotten to upload :)??

No, just working on the wiring harness. Got a few pics to post, but nothing special ...

I need to order some parts ...

o just wondering

Cablguy184    49

Speedway sent me a bad headlight switch ... Sent it back today for a warranty replacement.

having a hard time deciding a place to install my dimmer switch ... Origional location is where the kick pannel enclosure sits ...

May go under the dash and work it by hand instead of foot control ...

HyPer    7

You could always delete the dimmer switch and run a relay in it's place, then use a push-on, push-off button mounted into dash. It would be a whole lot easier to just reach up and hit the button, than to reach under the dash while driving. or if you run a console setup, mount the button there. If you're not gonna use it as a foot controlled dimmer, then there's really no need for the foot controlled dimmer switch, as it's much too heavy to use with your hands.

Cablguy184    49

I may can install that dimmer switch closer to the clutch ... I will get back to it next week.

HyPer    7

Try what I mentioned a while back, see if you can mount it further up the firewall to the left or right of the clutch movement area, so you can reach up under clutch pedal to hit it, and not hit it when pushing the clutch pedal.

Cablguy184    49

I may can install that dimmer switch closer to the clutch ... I will get back to it next week.

Try what I mentioned a while back, see if you can mount it further up the firewall to the left or right of the clutch movement area, so you can reach up under clutch pedal to hit it, and not hit it when pushing the clutch pedal.

yea ... I think we on the same page here ... I'm just too tired to type

Cablguy184    49

You guys sure do have your own language down there, huh?

Just having fun brother !!!

Kingstroker    7

put it rat thar in that there turn signal and itle be oite

Cablguy184    49

As soon as the weather gets better ... We are definately getting back on this project !!!

Bout decided to go ahead and completely strip it down to bare frame.

Rework, rebuild, and Strengthen up the frame, update the front and rear suspension (this will be fun !!!), and drop in a small block FORD engine with an automatic transmission ...

Cablguy184    49

and drop in a small block FORD engine with an automatic transmission ...

This is about the only thing that I am not sure if I REALLY want to do or not ... because the flat 6 runs REALLY good and the transmission is in great working shape ...

Thinking before I make this upgrade, I might just throw the floor shifter in and work on everything else ...

Cablguy184    49

Threw in a hot battery today, and she cranked up with ease ...

We worked on the brakes, but more work needs to be done ... I need to replace all of the lines and rebuild the master cylinder ...

I think while I'm at it, I plan to replace the fuel lines from front to rear ...

This way I should have no problems driving the car around to really get some work done to her ...

HyPer    7

I gotta get new fuel lines for the camaro, if you wanna hold off until then, I can just get some extra length to the spool, this might save you some monies. 3/8" fuel line should be fine for that car, mine came with 5/16", but it can't support fuel flow for that big cam now :P

Cablguy184    49

spool ??

Most of the line under this car is tubing. I works ok, but it is rusty ...

Can we use rubber fuel line for the entire setup ??

I was thinking that you should use as much metal tubing as possible ...

6APPEAL    31

Can we use rubber fuel line for the entire setup ??

I was thinking that you should use as much metal tubing as possible ...

Due to the amount of ethanol in fuel you should use as little rubber as possible. And the rubber line you use should be rated for ethanol blended fuel. You also need to look at the fuel line you are using. Low quality tubing will be eaten by ethanol.

Cablguy184    49

absolutely ...

The origional fuel line is OK, but rusty ... So I plan to replace it with as much "Good Quality" metal tubing as much as possible ...

Then again, I'm only running a 5 gallon tank on it just to get it around for now ...

And to be honnest ... I really do not have any plans at this time to get a tag, inspection sticker, or insurance for it any time soon ...

Where ever she needs to go, She will be on the trailer ...

6APPEAL    31

No insurance? Wreck your trailer with the car on it and most likely your car will be a loss out of your pocket. You better dig through your policies or check with your agent. Insurance companies coverage differ, some will cover the trailer on your car/truck comprehensive insurance, but not the contents (or very limited contents coverage), which means you have to have comprehensive coverage on the car. Some require collision and comprehensive insurance on the trailer to cover contents.

Cablguy184    49

To my knowledge ... I have a tag and insurance on the trailer.

I need to check ... I'm just talking about the car. but if it needs it, I will set it up ...

I just have no plans to drive this car ...

HyPer    7

In my terminology, I use "lines" to mean metal, and "hoses" to mean rubber.....so yes, a spool of metal 3/8" fuel line.

About the insurance, you'll need to get antique auto insurance with your amount set to the value of the car in it's entirety, including all audio and other equipment in the car. For the Opel, we have $4k coverage, which is comprehensive, covers anything we report happening to the car, and it's like $50/year.

Cablguy184    49

Needs to warm up so we can get to work on this car ...

Thinking I'm gonna be OK with the fuel lines for now ... but my Brake lines are a little too far gone.

Got all new "rubber" flex lines on each front wheel and on the rear end. So it's all the metal lines that need Work.

I think I have one wheel cylinder that's leaking ... and the Master cylinder. However ... the Master Cylinder may be OK, just need to take it off the car, clean it up, and really see what is going on with it.