Is there a huge difference between these amplifiers? Everything looks borderline identical internally and specs aren't to far off from each other.

Any input would be great....one of these may power a 3-way front stage running passive.

The first year of production the amp was named a 1752, its power rating was so conservative that other companies and the contests complained about it being rated too low. The second year of production the model number changed to the 2202, it is the same amp and circuit board. A few years later it was updated with a inverted right channel which allowed for bridging the amp with out a bridge switch inside and the quiet mute circuit was added to help reduce turn on/off pops, but the basic amp was still the same sound and power as the original 1752/2202.

• Upvote 1

Where else would you get instant Direct customer service :)

From the Owner of the company!!! :coolugh:

I am on it for SSA around the clock, and people could care less.

I appreciate when people are available to answer the phone. That way, my issue can be resolved immediately and any questions I have that come to mind can be answered. There is nothing worse than a company having horrible customer service. I don't mind paying more for something simply for the peace of mind knowing that if I have a problem, it will be resolved.

• Upvote 1

that's the way ray has aways been. such a pleasure to have him as a friend .

• Upvote 1

Ok thank you, thats exactly what i was curious of.

Welcome back to CA-F Brother ...

Im still here at least once a day....I kinda float and absorb as much info as possible.

I am in process of redesigning my complete system.

I will say...I have had the pleasure of a long...lengthy information overload conversation with Ray. For someone to be willing to talk and share so much of their knowledge with someone they have never met and only called to buy a t-shirt......I can say you definately have a lifetime customer and friend in the audiophile world.

I look forward to hearing the new amps and hopefully my show truck will be equiped when that day comes.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate when people are available to answer the phone. That way, my issue can be resolved immediately and any questions I have that come to mind can be answered. There is nothing worse than a company having horrible customer service. I don't mind paying more for something simply for the peace of mind knowing that if I have a problem, it will be resolved.

You are in the minority. ;)

I will say...I have had the pleasure of a long...lengthy information overload conversation with Ray. For someone to be willing to talk and share so much of their knowledge with someone they have never met and only called to buy a t-shirt......I can say you definately have a lifetime customer and friend in the audiophile world.

I look forward to hearing the new amps and hopefully my show truck will be equiped when that day comes.

Very well said and I couldn't agree more.

We cater to the end of business that most every other manufacturer neglects; the audiophile and the person that doesn't mind paying to get the best goods, and service possible in audio.

There is a market for it, and the more that see and hear the difference the more of them that want it and will pay to have something proudly made in America and not some cheap Asian product. The Asians even want our goods, Japan, South Korea, and Indonesia all have distributors of our product and we currently sell a good margin of our sales there. They import their lower end goods to the US but want the very best American goods for themselves. We also have a distributor in Trinadad and adding more foreign distribution all the time.

Edited by Linear Power
  • Upvote 1

These Linear Products have been nothing but fantastic in my little island of Trinidad. Though the population may be small ( 1 million), persons who heard the equipment and can afford them are extremely impressed with what a simple 2 way system can do when built stock. There's a saying here in Trinidad that goes - " good ting not cheap and cheap ting not good " .

• Upvote 1