Check out these other great forumsSoundSolutionsAudio.comAudioAddicts.netCarAudio-Forum.comCarAudioResources.comHomeAudioForum.net

SSA Tax Refund Sale

What Are The Brightest Replacement Car Headlight Bulbs?

- - - - -

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

AnthonyMartello

AnthonyMartello

• CA-F Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello everyone,

What are the brightest replacement car headlight bulbs? What type of car replacement headlight bulb is brightest, offers the greatest visibility, and is street legal? My car is a '01 Acura TL. Is there any specific brand will I go with?

Thanks a lot,

Anthony Martello

Emery.H

Emery.H

CA-F.com Steady

• CA-F Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
What bulb size do you need? If your car has stock projectors, which being an acura it may, then i would suggest some HIDs.

If you run 9005/9006 bulbs i would suggest some HIR bulbs. I have them in my car and I'm really happy with them.

As for HID kits, I have bought some from DDMtuning.com and they had good CS, but I never got to install the bulbs. They just barely didn't fit and I didn't feel like sending them back for a second time. Damn cheap aftermarket headlights.

Aaron Clinton

Aaron Clinton

CA-F.com Steady

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,895 posts
  • Interests:German performance auto's, American Speakers, rare or collectible amplifiers.
I really want to do the HID conversion, my car goes through head light bulbs fast.

Chrisfromwa

Chrisfromwa

CA-F.com Newbie

• CA-F Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

View PostEmery.H, on 06 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

What bulb size do you need? If your car has stock projectors, which being an acura it may, then i would suggest some HIDs.

If you run 9005/9006 bulbs i would suggest some HIR bulbs. I have them in my car and I'm really happy with them.

As for HID kits, I have bought some from DDMtuning.com and they had good CS, but I never got to install the bulbs. They just barely didn't fit and I didn't feel like sending them back for a second time. Damn cheap aftermarket headlights.

I was also going to suggest HIR if you're just looking for a simple upgrade.

If you do want even more and if you have projectors are willing to upgrade to projectors,  HIDs are the way to go.
I put some on my Camaro and I just couldn't believe the difference.

Aaron Clinton

Aaron Clinton

CA-F.com Steady

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,895 posts
  • Interests:German performance auto's, American Speakers, rare or collectible amplifiers.

View PostChrisfromwa, on 15 December 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

View PostEmery.H, on 06 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I was also going to suggest HIR if you're just looking for a simple upgrade.

If you do want even more and if you have projectors are willing to upgrade to projectors,  HIDs are the way to go.
I put some on my Camaro and I just couldn't believe the difference.
:WELCOME:

Kingstroker

Kingstroker

Rednecked Okie

• CA-F Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:custom knives, fishing, hunting, selfbow building, storm chasing, arrowhead hunting, wood working, audio?, love to drive around in a snowstorm pulling people out of ditches, being a redneck
My wife has HIDs in her G35.  Quality replacement bulbs are nearly $100 each.  I don't think the internet $35 a pair bulbs would last very long.  They look sexy but are not what you think.  If you go with them stay in the 5000k(white) to 6000k(light blue) range.  Light waves act, in a way, like sound waves do.  Lower temps(K) have larger waves and travel farther than the higher temp (more blueish).  Think of typical fog lights for example, these are usually either white or amber.  The higher the temp(K) the more blue.  Blue light >5000 has short wave lenths which cause the light to scatter or bounce off small particles like dust, rain drops, snow and fog.  For about every 1000K above 5000 you loose 5%.  That means those really cool looking, almost purple 10,000K lights have a 25% reduction in light.  Probably why I hate them the most is I have to take off a wheel and fender skirt to change them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users