SQ Audio

SQ Audio's 2011 Toyota Yaris Blues/ LP Build Log

224 posts in this topic

You have not lived until you install a Linear Power LP2250 on a Blues Car Audio passive 6.5" component set ...

I know, most people say "don't try this at home" ... but trust me, You are going to want to try this !!!

You will experience The Eagle's "Life in the Fast Lane" in a whole new way ...

and don't even get me started about throwing some Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in there ... geeezzzz !!!

i have the active set but i have the tweeter crossed at 2.5k hz at 12 db and the 6.5" is running full range. I love it. lots of booom up front. good thing for my 3/4" carbon steel mounting rings and two layers of sound deadening and rubber mass added to the door skin!

i have the active set but i have the tweeter crossed at 2.5k hz at 12 db and the 6.5" is running full range.

Yea, I know ... I'm just saying that the Ford Excape is insane ...

I for sure see a LP2075 and a LP2150 in your future for your front stage setup ...

Active set, that's me with a pair of 2150's!

I take it that I will be seeing you Saturday ???

I'll be at Scrapin the Coast. Figured only Ray, Herman and I would be there.

Yep, I plan to be there early Saturday morning ... too much to do to be able to leave Friday

i definitely will be using the 2075 on the tweets and the 2150 on the 6.5 "s and probably another 2075 bridged on my bl10 4 ohm sub. The theme of my vehicle has become " built stock with competition sound". Really Loving these speakers. I hope the amps are just as or more impressive.

Even the current top level LP amps (2.2hv, modded DPS500) are quite a big step up from what you are using now so I am sure the new amps are going to blow your mind.

Really Loving these speakers. I hope the amps are just as or more impressive.

Even the current top level LP amps (2.2hv, modded DPS500) are quite a big step up from what you are using now so I am sure the new amps are going to blow your mind.

Yes, moving up in LP power will make a huge difference SQ Audio ...

Music definition, clarity, and alot more lower end response with the new amps ... My drivers basically "woke up" !!!

Not just the lower end bass, but the midrange kick will you suprise you !!! I literally scared my wife playing "life in the Fastlane", and my subs were turned down to match the music (nothing overpowering) ... Nothing I ever heard from on the 2.2hv (and that is a bad ass amp in my book) ...

and I really need to take a vid of what that LP2250 does to my IS0-Kit 10s and my dash ... It literally shakes bolts loose !!! All of my covered pannels are loose and falling thanks to that monster, which reminds me, I need to tighten all that stuff back down before Saturday ...

and I really need to take a vid of what that LP2250 does to my IS0-Kit 10s and my dash ... It literally shakes bolts loose !!! All of my covered pannels are loose and falling thanks to that monster, which reminds me, I need to tighten all that stuff back down before Saturday ...

A little Blue or Green (NOT RED) Loctite will fix that problem!!!!!! :P

A little Blue or Green (NOT RED) Loctite will fix that problem!!!!!! :P

Bring that Loctite with ya Saturday ... I will rattle your eardrums loose for ya ... lol

Really Loving these speakers. I hope the amps are just as or more impressive.

Even the current top level LP amps (2.2hv, modded DPS500) are quite a big step up from whaWt you are using now so I am sure the new amps are going to blow your mind.

Yes, moving up in LP power will make a huge difference SQ Audio ...

More lower end response with the new amps ... My drivers basically "woke up" !!!

Not just the lower end bass, but the midrange kick will you suprise you !!! I literally scared my wife playing "life in the Fastlane", and my subs were turned down to match the music (nothing overpowering) ... Nothing I ever heard from on the 2.2hv (and that is a bad ass amp in my book) ...

The LP2150 is a great deal more power than a 2.2HV even if the 2.2HV is modified. Flat out power it's around 60 watts a channel more power, 50 HZ and down it holds it power nearly flat not dropping more than 15 watts a channel all the way to 10 HZ. The 2.2HV comparatively falls on its face the lower the frequency and the power margin grows bigger the lower the frequency between the two amps. Thunder had a 2.2HV on our 6.5 component set it would pop and rattle the 6.5 when you got the volume near max. He put a LP2150 in it and got nearly 2 dB more output with tons more power in the bottom end and the amp still controls the 6.5 and won't pop or rattle it.

There is a tremendous difference in the power supply between the two amps. Hell, Cableguy did you forget we put the LP2150 where your modded 5002 with feedback was on your subs it was just as loud with more clarity and control? You can't even begin to compare a 2.2HV to it for SQ or power.

Edited by Cablguy184

Cableguy did you forget we put the LP2150 where your modded 5002 with feedback was on your subs it was just as loud with more clarity and control? You can't even begin to compare a 2.2HV to it for SQ or power.

Yes Sir ... Know it like it was yesterday.

In Fact ... After hearing the Excape again, I'd like to swap things around and have the LP2250 on the components and let the LP2150 have a go at the subs for a while ...

Any objections ??

Cableguy did you forget we put the LP2150 where your modded 5002 with feedback was on your subs it was just as loud with more clarity and control? You can't even begin to compare a 2.2HV to it for SQ or power.

Yes Sir ... Know it like it was yesterday.

In Fact ... After hearing the Excape again, I'd like to swap things around and have the LP2250 on the components and let the LP2150 have a go at the subs for a while ...

Any objections ??

If your not careful you could kill the components, especially if one of your kids get a hold of the volume knob on that music they like. I wouldn't change it, yes the components will take the 2250 but I had it throttled back enough not to kill them too.

Remember I'm the nanufacturer and if you knowingly do something to void your warranty and then let me know it too, it might not be good, lol! If I do it for testing and eat a speaker it's not the same as if a customer does it and blows them up. But I can say the speakers handle tons of power more than we rate them for. If someone tells me they blew them up on a 150 watt amp I'll have to claim BS, it would be clipping killing them, not power. I've seen how much true power they can really take and not come apart.

As i always do. I beat the crap out of anything i am selling and i can tell you that i am beating on these 6.5's with rap, reggae, pop, and they arent distorting or damaging. They are great for all types of music and i think its because of their inherent flat response signature and very wide response range. I have the 6.5's running full range with a 75 rms Zapco on them and the speakers are practically begging for more. I will have to remove the speakers to change the mounting ring to a sllightly thicker one because my window cant go all the way down.

Flat out power it's around 60 watts a channel more power, 50 HZ and down it holds it power nearly flat not dropping more than 15 watts a channel all the way to 10 HZ.

Last time I had one on the AP I think it was FLAT down to 10 or 15 Hz and started to roll off below that. I believe it makes at least 60% power at 6 Hz. The new revisions on the production boards will improve that some as well.

SQ Audio: One of the things I find with the current Japanese cars is they don't have room for our 6.5" in the factory location unless you space them out. On my WRX and a friends 370Z they have to be spaced out 1.5" to clear the windows. But the door panel sticks out so far that only puts the speaker <.5" from the door panel. It's actually a real good thing.

i wonder if i can run the 8" passive set in my door instead with a 2250 and no sub. Thats gonna be a crazy setup. Someone once told me that the midrange will more than likely breakup if i had one speaker in use from 20 hz to 2.5khz. What are your thoughts on this guys?

When I heard the 8" component set in Mike Flanagan's Trailblazer (on a LP DPS350) ... I was blown away !!!

With no subs at the time in the vehicle, we were playing "Dubstep" music in it and we could not believe out ears !!! Pumping out bass like nobody's business and keeping total clarity in music at the same time !!! Absolutely unbelieveable ...

I say "screw it" and go for it !!! Nothing like Trial and Error ... You can always set it back up the way you had it if your not satisfied ...

But I'd be willing to bet that if you got those 8s in the doors, they would not be comming out ...

A good deal of your high end home speakers are no more than a 2 way set up with an 8 and a tweeter, i love how the so called car audio experts say that a 8 inch two way set up wont work,

of course, most of those guys are the same ones that said our 6.5 way wouldnt do what we said it would! That has been proven wrong.

I am gonna bump up to the 8" in the doors. I will have to install a limit switch for my window glass though ;) Or maybe just disconnect them all together. :OhYeah: