Cablguy184

Linear Power LP2250 ... For the love of Music

SQ Audio    32

Correct me if i am wrong. The 2150 would sound just as good but just would not get as loud...right...

All of the amps use the same preamp section.

I am still waiting for my amps so I can't answer definitively pertaining to these two amps, but from my experience, more power normally means a more effortless sound at all volumes and even more dynamics at low volume.

I don't think i'm gonna hear the difference between the 2150 and the 2250 in terms of the sound itself because my application is a BL 6.5 Active set. This means a pair of 2150's on the front stage. Thats over 300 rms per side. I think that the 2250 will be an overkill with little or maybe no audible difference in my case. Anyway theres only 1 way to find out...ask the guys who build the amps and who may have tried it. :)

Cablguy184    49

I really wish you guys could demo Herman's truck ... There would be NO Question or discussion as to what a pair of 2150s can do on a properly installed 6.5" active component set ... Absolutely unbelieveable !!!

As for me, I have absolutely NO problems with keeping a 2150 on my 6.5" passive component set ...

My monster 2250 will stay on my ISO-Kits where it belongs ...

SQ Audio    32

OK...so my tweeter amp and sub amp decided to just kick the bucket. Not a surprise as one is older than i am and the other is probably just as old. So now i got the Zapco Z300 alone. Its a 2 channel amplifier rated at 150 X 2 @ 4 ohms. So i cleverly took out a passive network to audition it for the first time. Boy was i ignorant. I should have listened to Ray when he said " i think you should listen to the passive set first". I have NEVER heard that amount of coherence with a simple 2 way passive set ! Its 1.17 am here in Trinidad. I will finish tune in the morning and let you guys know what i think of it tomorrow...***pulls out the critical notepad *** :band:

• Upvote 1

I felt the same way back when I bought the Blues components right when they were first released. However, I have done so much business with Ray over the past few years he has earned my trust. I started with the passives, by his recommendation, and I am still running them. As I stated previously, they will get the pleasure of a 2250 and my subs will see a 2150.

Edited by smoothfidelity

linearpower    85

There is no real differences in the sonic capability between the passive and the active systems. For musical accuracy the passive components should please 99 percent of the people. The major difference between the passive and the active will only be the better technical placement you can get from the active set being time aligned individually, instead of time aligning the passive components as a speaker set per side. This would only be needed for the absolute purist or a competition vehicle needing the absolute maximum points from exact placement. Don't sell the passive set short, even it tunes in very well with time alignment. Again there is not much of any differences between the two systems. We have had many people surprised and comment that our passive sets are smooth excellent sounding systems that have none of the normal defects in sound that most passive systems have. They can handle about any amount of power you want to throw at them too. I gave a LP2250 running my passive component set currently.

That little passive network has a lot of engineering, testing and listening time in it. It's not just a simple one way 12 dB butterworth filter. It is a high quality, high power handling crossover, with a protection circuit for the tweeter, a tweeter compensation circuit and a compensation circuit for the woofer section. It is 4 circuits in one done with a minimum number of high quality parts to get the job done correctly.

Edited by Linear Power

SQ Audio    32

Ok. So the verdict is that the passive set sound excellent. For some reason or the other it needs just a tad more eqing than the active set but is still minimal. +/- 4 DB on 16 bands at 2/3 octave to flatline a RTA. But as indicated ^^^ for EXACT placement the active set wins it because of individual TA capabilities. I would still rate it as the best passive set i've heard as it stil has great coherence and imaging capabilities inherent in its design. While the images are not as localized as when running the active set, i t is more stable with the passive set. The common midrange breakup with todays passives at high volume levels does not exist, This says something about that little black box. By the way, I didnt expect that passive network to be sooo heavy! waw! Keep up the good work Linear Power I will revert back to my active set when i get some amps as my vehicle is a competition vehicle built stock :) For now its just my 2 way passive front stage and thats it. Mind you i will be competing with just this on the 30th. I will post up the scores when i get them !

I, personally, don't think I would gain much of anything going active in my current vehicle. My tweeter/mid woofer locations on each side are almost exactly the same distances from my ear on each side. For instance, my driver side mid woofer (door location) is 35" from my ear while the tweeter (a-pillar location) is 36". Not equal, but within inches. I couldn't believe how close they were when I measured to set up my T/A.. Most vehicles won't be this way. In this case (and not many others), my vehicle helped me out a bit.

Edited by smoothfidelity

SQ Audio    32

I dont know if i'm an alien but i can hear a couple inches off on imaging. Thats why i prefer fully active setup. you can dial in the tweet and the woofer nicely. The only bad thing is that u gotta get more amps to go active :)

....and then you roll your window down, lean to the left or right, have a passenger screwing with waves, open the moonroof.....etc.

Those few inches aren't worth it to me to spend the time and money to go active and I doubt would make a difference in normal listening. It took enough time and money getting it to where it is now. I have a great center and staging. All that work and money to gain an inch in T/A. No thanks.

I'll take the tremendous, and effortless, power of a 2250 and be happy with that.

Edited by smoothfidelity

AmirBotcek    4

Hi everyone,

My name is AmirBotcek from Indonesia. I received my crazy plump LP2250 few weeks ago and just have a chance to install it few days ago.

It replaces my previous 2x450wrms amp for 3-way front stage running full passive I built myself.

Just want to share my impression listening to this wonderful built-like-tank amp for few days now:

1. Ruler flat response

2. Powerfull

3. Tons of headroom

4. Incredible separation

5. Extremely low noise floor

6. Very neutral sounding. On this, it reminds me of an ATC midrange, very neutral presentation.

Excellent job done by LP. My current reference amp... B)

Edited by AmirBotcek
  • Upvote 1

SQ Audio    32

I have a 2250 and a 2150 coming my way very soon to run my 2 way system active. I have never heard a bad thing about these amps. What kind of speakers are you running though?

AmirBotcek    4

Tweeter scanspeak R7000, dome midrange dynaudio MD140/2, midbass monitor audio 6.5". Never heard my midbass plays so low and powerful like this before.

Great news is that, rattle in the door caused by midbass is almost disapear. Very small rattle heard, and I really mean very small, when I turn the volume of my source to 3 oclock while gain on the amp is 1 oclock. This amp has incredible control over my speaker.

Would love to try blues 6.5", but will it fit in my honda oddyssey 2006 stock? I don't want to modify the car stock midbass speaker placement.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Cablguy184    49

Hi everyone,

My name is AmirBotcek from Indonesia. I received my crazy plump LP2250 few weeks ago and just have a chance to install it few days ago.

It replaces my previous 2x450wrms amp for 3-way front stage running full passive I built myself.

Just want to share my impression listening to this wonderful built-like-tank amp for few days now:

1. Ruler flat response

2. Powerfull

3. Tons of headroom

4. Incredible separation

5. Extremely low noise floor

6. Very neutral sounding. On this, it reminds me of an ATC midrange, very neutral presentation.

Excellent job done by LP. My current reference amp... B)

Tweeter scanspeak R7000, dome midrange dynaudio MD140/2, midbass monitor audio 6.5". Never heard my midbass plays so low and powerful like this before.

Great news is that, rattle in the door caused by midbass is almost disapear. Very small rattle heard, and I really mean very small, when I turn the volume of my source to 3 oclock while gain on the amp is 1 oclock. This amp has incredible control over my speaker.

Would love to try blues 6.5", but will it fit in my honda oddyssey 2006 stock? I don't want to modify the car stock midbass speaker placement.

Welcome to CA-F ...

Excellent review !!! Thank you Sir !!!

SQ Audio    32

I have my blues speakers in my Toyota Yaris in the front doors but they currently need to off set a further 1/2" for the window glass to go all the way down. Doesn't bother me because i don't drive without air condition anyway :)

They will most likely fit with no issues. You may have to bring them out off the metal with a speaker ring, but other than that I would almost guarantee they will fit just fine.

Any speaker will need some type of prepping or reinforcement for best results regardless.

SQ Audio    32

They will most likely fit with no issues. You may have to bring them out off the metal with a speaker ring, but other than that I would almost guarantee they will fit just fine.

Any speaker will need some type of prepping or reinforcement for best results regardless.

Reinforcement is a MUST with the blues! They can hit H A R D and you need to have super dampening and stiffening to prevent your door upholstery from coming loose !

AmirBotcek    4

Welcome to CA-F ...

Excellent review !!! Thank you Sir !!!

Truly an exceptional product Sir, review for it is an easy task... :)

Reinforcement is a MUST with the blues! They can hit H A R D and you need to have super dampening and stiffening to prevent your door upholstery from coming loose !

Thanks all, I'll check with Ray the exact dimension of the speaker, particularly the depth.

Hopefully the modifications required, if any, would be minor so as not to modify the stock location much.

Would do the super dampening and stiffening to keep the door upholstery tight still in their position... :D

AmirBotcek    4

Good idea... Specs can be found at www.bluescaraudio.com in the technical section. Trust me , you wont regret it.

Surely, I'll take a look at the website before contacting Ray.

Having witnessed LP2250 build quality and sounds I have no doubt the blues will also rock, knowing it came from the same source... :)

Any pics or news on how the handover went? Very curious to know if alll went well.

The handover went fine, all the employees of both stores were blown away by the new amp on the Blues 6.5 inch passive components in the Escape.

They are currently playing with their LP2250 and are going to report back on their experiences.

Pictures are on their way to 12 volt news for an article on the introduction of the LP2250.

I had the pleasure of selling and instlling that very amp on a blues 6.5 passive set a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Taylor

Cablguy184    49

I had the pleasure of selling and instlling that very amp on a blues 6.5 passive set a couple weeks ago.

Welcome to CA-F Sir ...