Cablguy184

Linear Power LP2250 ... For the love of Music

Thank you Steve, Ray, and Jeri ... These amps are Amazing !!!

These amps have Amazing Sub driver control ...

• Upvote 1

Cell phone shot of one of our engineering test mules. Some minor changes to be had but overall this is the amp you will be seeing as the LP2250.

Again, a large resolution picture so I'm just linking it to keep the thread loading fast. Once we are rolling 100% on the 2250 production I'll hopefully start migrating some of the new website into place and include proper pictures and info for you guys.

http://linearpower.com/images/lp2250_engineering.jpg

• Upvote 1

I got to briefly try one of these "Beasts" on my Blues 6 & tweet set in my car. It was just like the 2150 except there was a lot more of it! With the 2150 I could run my 6's into trouble but only right at the very top of the volume knob. The 2250 had no problem asking more of the 6's than they were willing to deliver with out protest. I am a true amplifer power "freak", I can always turn it down. This amp was WAY more than i could ever hope to use on a set of components. (Now, as for subs,,,,, we shall see!) It has the same command of the speaker (not just control) as the 2150. I can play my music louder and cleaner with these amps than with ANY other amps I have ever tried, this includes the HV and DPS Linears.

I can not wait to have my own! So I can keep them!!!

• Upvote 1

I got to briefly try one of these "Beasts" on my Blues 6 & tweet set in my car. It was just like the 2150 except there was a lot more of it! With the 2150 I could run my 6's into trouble but only right at the very top of the volume knob. The 2250 had no problem asking more of the 6's than they were willing to deliver with out protest. I am a true amplifer power "freak", I can always turn it down. This amp was WAY more than i could ever hope to use on a set of components. (Now, as for subs,,,,, we shall see!) It has the same command of the speaker (not just control) as the 2150. I can play my music louder and cleaner with these amps than with ANY other amps I have ever tried, this includes the HV and DPS Linears.

I can not wait to have my own! So I can keep them!!!

Jimmy, are you like me? Developed that love/hate of being a Blues/Linear Power "testing guinea pig". Love getting the new stuff to play with, but hate giving it up.

Ohh yes! I HAD a 2150 for about 3 weeks and really fell in love with it, It had more power and control than my old 5002IQ"m" playing the origional Blues 6 component set. Then it got taken away, and I was droped back into the world or "regular" car audio. Then I was teased with THE BEAST! the 2250, only to be thrown back to my DPS350. One day I WILL have my very own 2150 and 2250...... soon,,,, very soon....

I'm Jealous. Everyone has gotten a chance to play with a 2150 and i am here in Trinidad playing with a 952 and guess what... I love it !! Damn. If this is what they made in 1987 i could only imagine whats going on now with the 2250 !!!

Well I got teased again tonight, Ray needed to check for turn on / off noise. I got to listen to the 2250 for about 5 songs from the new Eagles album tonight. Ohhhhhh. So sweet, clean, powerful, very low if non-existent noise floor, this amp is amazing.

But i had to give it back, which sucks!!!! One day soon I will install my very own.

Hey Ray, i heard that Trinidad is the best place to check for amplifier turn on/ off noises. Maybe you should send one down here for me to check :lol:

Well I got teased again tonight, Ray needed to check for turn on / off noise. I got to listen to the 2250 for about 5 songs from the new Eagles album tonight. Ohhhhhh. So sweet, clean, powerful, very low if non-existent noise floor, this amp is amazing.

But i had to give it back, which sucks!!!! One day soon I will install my very own.

Yea, Monday night I pulled a 2150 out to test a 2250 for noises. Very powerful, making it so easy to run the Blues 6 1/2's into the "get the hell off me" zone. After about 45 minutes I put the 2150 back in.

Well, the LP2250's are starting to go out the door, the very first one will be hand delivered to Zac At California Custom Audio on Monday July 16th, just outside of Cincinatti Ohio. We are taking pictures of the hand over of the very first production unit of the new Linear Power amps to be sold to a dealer for Mike Van Horn to use in 12 Volt News.

Edited by Linear Power

Well, the LP2250's are starting to go out the door, the very first one will be hand delivered to Zac At California Custom Audio on Monday July 16th, just outside of Cincinatti Ohio. We are taking pictures of the hand over of the very first production unit of the new Linear Power amps to be sold to a dealer for Mike Van Horn to use in 12 Volt News.

This is great news! Congratulations!!

Any pics or news on how the handover went? Very curious to know if alll went well.

Any pics or news on how the handover went? Very curious to know if alll went well.

The handover went fine, all the employees of both stores were blown away by the new amp on the Blues 6.5 inch passive components in the Escape.

They are currently playing with their LP2250 and are going to report back on their experiences.

Pictures are on their way to 12 volt news for an article on the introduction of the LP2250.

Edited by Linear Power
  • Upvote 1

Makes me wanna murder my 6.5 CA Set woofers with a 2250 !

More like an attempted murder.

When I ordered my amps months ago, I told Ray I wanted a 2250 for my front stage and he told me it was unnecessary. I still wanted it. Now it looks like some of them are following suit.

Can't wait for my amps to arrive.

When I ordered my amps months ago, I told Ray I wanted a 2250 for my front stage and he told me it was unnecessary. I still wanted it. Now it looks like some of them are following suit.

A 2250 on the 6.5 set does seem a bit much to me. But hey, I haven't had a chance to listen to the Escape with this setup, so who knows, maybe they handle it just fine. It seems to me though a 2150 would be perfect.

When are you expecting your amps to arrive? Very interested in how your system shapes up once you have them installed.

A 2250 on the 6.5 set does seem a bit much to me. But hey, I haven't had a chance to listen to the Escape with this setup, so who knows, maybe they handle it just fine. It seems to me though a 2150 would be perfect.

When are you expecting your amps to arrive? Very interested in how your system shapes up once you have them installed.

I think Ray is shipping my 2250 sometime soon. I am waiting on a 2150 for my subs so that will be another month or so. I have to tear my truck apart to take out my DPS500's and install the new amps so I am not installing them until they both arrive. I don't want to do it twice.

The 2250 may be more power than needed, but from my experience extra power means a more effortless sound with no strain even at high volume levels. That was my thinking. I didn't buy the 2250 to get louder; I bought it for the increase in SQ no matter how small the effects may be.

In my home, I run a 200 wrms mono block to each one of my Blues enclosures (1 on left, 1 on right, 1 on center, and 2 bridged to two tens (600wrms)) and the detail and effortlessness is endless. My rears run off of my receiver at about 150 wrms.

Edited by smoothfidelity