Cablguy184

Linear Power LP2150 ... For the Love of Music

Steve88t    22

Thank you.

Yes we hand build all the amps. I hope to move a new website into place pretty soon that actually has useful info on the amps. The only automated process in assembly are the surface mount devices get stuffed by a machine. We hand assemble and test everything from there.

Pics of 2250 in various stages of assembly:

assembly1.jpg

assembly2.jpg

linearpower    85

The production circuit boards for the LP2150 have arrived from the board house in Colorado. We will hand stuff two or three of them and run them thru all the tests to be sure everything is correct before starting to produce the whole production run. The 2150 will still be 5 or 6 weeks out from being ready to ship.

Thunder39208    31

Update.

Working on the heatsinks now. Cutting the badge inlay in the top, drilling the mounting holes, and drilling the device hold down holes. Should have them to powder coat shortly.

So the boards are done, tested, and approved?

EDIT: Ray gave me the answer. It will be about 6 more weeks before these will be shipping.

Edited by smoothfidelity

SQ Audio    32

I cant wait to hear them! My Zappys are making customers awwww at the speakers tonality, impact and low freq extension. I could only imagine what a 2150 will do! Today one guy said " 2 way with 3 way sound" . :coolugh:

• Upvote 1

linearpower    85

I cant wait to hear them! My Zappys are making customers awwww at the speakers tonality, impact and low freq extension. I could only imagine what a 2150 will do! Today one guy said " 2 way with 3 way sound" . :coolugh:

Be ready for a ton more dynamics and even more low bass extension, not to mention a lot more power.

SQ Audio    32

Be ready for a ton more dynamics and even more low bass extension, not to mention a lot more power.

ready like freddy man! ( hope theres no one named freddy here)

I did a couple more demos late last night for my brother and brother in law (still have my DPS500's in), and it always seems like most people can't articulate what they are hearing.

The one thing both of them kept stating, besides just how detailed and accurate the system sounded, was that they were just amazed that everything sounded like it was coming from above my dash and that they had never heard a car system before where the lead vocalist was dead center singing. One of them just kept asking "how do you do that", and "how did you get the subs to sound like that....like they aren't behind you". They were amazed.

I kept telling them to just wait because it will be better in a few months.

Edited by smoothfidelity

SQ Audio    32

thats right, my car is built stock and all the sound comes from on top the dash as well! its truely amazing what that little tweeter can do together with a little processing. I think that little compensation network has alot to do with it :)

Edited by SQ Audio

EmperorJJ1    0

Thank you.

Yes we hand build all the amps. I hope to move a new website into place pretty soon that actually has useful info on the amps. The only automated process in assembly are the surface mount devices get stuffed by a machine. We hand assemble and test everything from there.

Pics of 2250 in various stages of assembly:

assembly1.jpg

assembly2.jpg

404 Error File Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,

had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Cablguy184    49

Not sure what happened to those pics EmperorJJ1 ... Is there something we can help you with ??

I will try and find those actual pics ASAP ...

linearpower    85

The pre-production units are doing well. We built 7 units to test the new board. We put 6 of them in competitor vehicles and one for Jeri in engineering. We made a few minor part value changes and no board changes, so we are going into the first run of production in the next 10 days to two weeks.

linearpower    85

Don't confuse proto types with pre-production units. We built the proto types nearly two years ago, they have changed a lot since then. Proto types prove the basic design as engineered on paper, and test for problems over a period of time.

Anytime you change and lay out a complete new circuit board, you don't just jump and make a hundred or so amps, you build a very small number to be sure there were no mistakes in engineering the board and no errors by the circuit board house. Once the pre-production boards are stuffed and run for a few weeks to see if any issues show up, if all looks good we starting making production units to ship.

The first production run of each new model and new board is a slower process than the subsequent runs, since the first run shakes out hopefully all the bugs if there are any.

Edited by Linear Power

linearpower    85

Vinny Taylor one of MECA most accomplished judges and who will be head SQ judge at finals again this year, judged Herman's truck yesterday with the pre-production LP2150's in it. His first response was he has NEVER heard an amp that was that "fast" or dynamic. Secondly, on the dynamic drum test on the MECA test disk he said he heard several more snare drum strikes that he has never heard on any other system but knew were there. Thirdly, he said on one track there is a horn on the extreme left of the stage, some vehicles the horn is non exsistant, others it's weak or marginal on sound, as well as, the placement is not correct. He said that Herman's truck plays it as good as he has ever heard.

Edited by Linear Power

SQ Audio    32

that Dynamic drum test is really a challenge. I have heard many tweets break up with the cymbals banging away down to the end. I think that the most common error that competitors make with this track is that the systems lack impact as if it were a real drum set in front of you. you really need an amp with a decent damping factor to get this right. A lot of speakers sound thin and weak.

linearpower    85

No doubt the speakers are dynamic, and efficient, but Vinny has judged Herman's truck many times with the old Linear amps in it, so he knows how the speakers sounded. The changes he heard are almost all due to the new amplifiers. Not taking anything away from our speakers, I think they beat most anything on the market. The reviews I am getting on the amps is that nothing can compete with them either. Just need to get them in the hands of the peiople that can make more winning vehicles out of the equipment.

Cablguy184    49

Dont worry hopefully my hands should have at least 2 pcs 2150 in them soon. But i'm in IASCA lanes :duel:

I am waiting patiently to read your reactions / comments about them too ... :popcorn:

I'd love to start competing IASCA ... but none around us